What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I posted this last week to the other site. Thought I should add it here too. If you are thinking about changing exhaust
      systems please check them out!!!

welterperformance.com

The wife and I drove over to check out Welter Performance exhaust and
      hear the what the difference would be in person. We pulled up and were
      greeted by a LARGE Great Dane and a Standard Poodle. I know the SS sits
      low but when you have too look up at a dog, you know you are low to the
      ground.

We met Jeff and discussed the different options and the process that he
      used to come up with the different types of exhaust. Decided on the one
      we wanted, which was the "Fluffer". He asked if we wanted him to
      install it, we said yes and 30 minutes later we were able to hear the
      difference. OMG!! The deep throaty sound was exciting.

We had an hour long ride home, and the wife must have hit my helmet
      about 6 times. I felt like a kid again!!! Revving the engine while at
      stoplights.

I can't say enough good things about our experience today!!!

Thanks again Jeff!!!!!!!
    • Put on Assault kick plate and dead foot ( whatever you call the Damn thing) Pics of replacement Splitters, Night and day on finish..Very happy w/ this set..Had issue with Kickplate..wouldn't stick???? I denatured alcohol the area and tape on piece wouldn't hold, piece would just pop off..SOOOOO I removed the tape on piece & used the good quality 3M. I wasn't sure if temp may of played a part so I used my wifes hair drier and warmed cockpit area and put piece on..Way better, Stuck!
      Images
      • ASS.jpg

43.43 kB, 449×600, viewed 72 times
      • ASS1.jpg

58.64 kB, 800×600, viewed 83 times
      • splits.jpg

62.41 kB, 800×600, viewed 90 times
      • Split.jpg

72.45 kB, 800×600, viewed 83 times
      I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/
    • kenny_h wrote:

Today's mod was picking up my Givi swing out brackets from the powder coater and gettin them re-installed.
      That and breaking my hood vent in half. ;( Any one that has done the JMOD and has one that they would like to part ways with, please let me know.
      Ouch....how did you do that?

SSREAP
      :BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS:
    • kenny_h wrote:

Today's mod was picking up my Givi swing out brackets from the powder coater and gettin them re-installed.
      That and breaking my hood vent in half. ;( Any one that has done the JMOD and has one that they would like to part ways with, please let me know.
      I may be able to help you. Just put in a Runyon vent. I'll see if he will part with original.
    • BONES wrote:

Put on Assault kick plate and dead foot ( whatever you call the Damn thing) Pics of replacement Splitters, Night and day on finish..Very happy w/ this set..Had issue with Kickplate..wouldn't stick???? I denatured alcohol the area and tape on piece wouldn't hold, piece would just pop off..SOOOOO I removed the tape on piece & used the good quality 3M. I wasn't sure if temp may of played a part so I used my wifes hair drier and warmed cockpit area and put piece on..Way better, Stuck!
      @BONES you Sid these are replacement splitters...why did they need to be replaced?

SSREAP
      :BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS:
    • SSREAPER wrote:

BONES wrote:

Put on Assault kick plate and dead foot ( whatever you call the Damn thing) Pics of replacement Splitters, Night and day on finish..Very happy w/ this set..Had issue with Kickplate..wouldn't stick???? I denatured alcohol the area and tape on piece wouldn't hold, piece would just pop off..SOOOOO I removed the tape on piece & used the good quality 3M. I wasn't sure if temp may of played a part so I used my wifes hair drier and warmed cockpit area and put piece on..Way better, Stuck!
      @BONES you Sid these are replacement splitters...why did they need to be replaced?
      SSREAP
      I have the pedal covers on mine ( Red ) but I am getting a lot of scratching off of the red coating. I wish I had gotten the plain without the coating. Then the wear would not have been as noticeable. Just my 2 cent
    • Images
      • IMG_0333[1].JPG

85.55 kB, 576×768, viewed 69 times
      • IMG_0351[1].JPG

146.12 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 76 times
      • IMG_0354[1].JPG

152.83 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 75 times
      • IMG_0360[1].JPG

200 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 77 times
      • IMG_0359[1].JPG

189.08 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 76 times
      • IMG_0367[1].JPG

195.43 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 72 times
      • IMG_0356[1].JPG

203.75 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 68 times
    • That guy wearing the COOL BLACK SLINGSHOT sweater looks like he knows what he is doing AND has good taste in clothing!!! Wonder where he got that!?!? Hhhhmmmmmm wink-squared
      I BUY ALL THINGS PURPLE!! :00007555:

You say goodbye, I say good riddance!! :00007956:

My Hayabusa gets NO LOVE now that the Slingshot is in the garage!!! :(
    • BONES wrote:

really looking good!!

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.