What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I did it Cam. Happy with it. The rubber nut can pull through easy however so I cut that front plastic molded screw support. Not sure what to call it. Cut a 1/2" off and used a flat washer big enough to cover the bigger opening followed by a lock nut. This way it can't pull through but there is plenty of clearance so the nut doesn't come into contact with the valve/cam cover.
    • What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Travis wrote:

I did it Cam. Happy with it. The rubber nut can pull through easy however so I cut that front plastic molded screw support. Not sure what to call it. Cut a 1/2" off and used a flat washer big enough to cover the bigger opening followed by a lock nut. This way it can't pull through but there is plenty of clearance so the nut doesn't come into contact with the valve/cam cover.

Mine is supposed to show up tomorrow. I'll get a good idea of the rubber nut situation then. Quick question, would you be better off cutting and then grinding the edges to where you want them? It's difficult to see exactly where it should be cut without the part since I can't see how wide that decal is that hides the edges.
    • Cameron Roberts wrote:

Travis wrote:

I did it Cam. Happy with it. The rubber nut can pull through easy however so I cut that front plastic molded screw support. Not sure what to call it. Cut a 1/2" off and used a flat washer big enough to cover the bigger opening followed by a lock nut. This way it can't pull through but there is plenty of clearance so the nut doesn't come into contact with the valve/cam cover.
      Mine is supposed to show up tomorrow. I'll get a good idea of the rubber nut situation then. Quick question, would you be better off cutting and then grinding the edges to where you want them? It's difficult to see exactly where it should be cut without the part since I can't see how wide that decal is that hides the edges.
      I'd wait till the part arrives to get a bird's eye view. After all. How much time do you need to start up a chainsaw??? =O
    • What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Painter wrote:

Cameron Roberts wrote:

Travis wrote:

I'd wait till the part arrives to get a bird's eye view. After all. How much time do you need to start up a chainsaw??? =O

Quick and easy. Just need to make a straight V cut from the wind screen to the front Polaris logo right?
    • Cameron Roberts wrote:

Painter wrote:

Cameron Roberts wrote:

Travis wrote:

Quick and easy. Just need to make a straight V cut from the wind screen to the front Polaris logo right?

Funny !
    • I did it Cam. Happy with it. The rubber nut can pull through easy however so I cut that front plastic molded screw support. Not sure what to call it. Cut a 1/2" off and used a flat washer big enough to cover the bigger opening followed by a lock nut. This way it can't pull through but there is plenty of clearance so the nut doesn't come into contact with the valve/cam cover.
      Cut the three ribs out and the tabs that stick down. I also cut the back portion a couple inches so that eye sore isn't visible. It will not affect the hood. Then you can sand the whole inner edge. Somebody mention putting tape on the painted surface to prevent a nick. You better for sure do that with the priceless paint job painter did on your sling! I sanded mine by hand. There isn't that much to do this way you can go slow and take your time. :00000450:

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.