Vote... This is not Sparta

• Tomorrow, we vote!

" We the people..."

We vote to put in office those that believe in that phrase.

We vote to remove from office those that have no interest in " We the people... " as a nation.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Edited once, last by airoutlaw ().

• Will be placing my bet at the voting booth within a few hours. Sure hope I win this time. Came up craps the last two times...

Hopefully it will not continue to slide down hill... :00008014:

• Polls have been open an hour on the east coast. Have they announced the winner yet? I voted last week, but living on the west coast our votes don't seem to matter much.

Your vote counts. It tells your representatives where you stand. And if enough stand united, your representative better heed the message..

• Sadly, I had to post this on my FB page.
    Corruption at it's finest, and proof the phrase "Vote Early, Vote Often" has some truth in it.

Wife and I just witnessed apparent voter fraud with our own eyes in little ole Palatka!
    We followed another couple in to the polling place, they checked in while we waited.
    After entering their info, the poll worker then asks their supervisor "they were mailed ballots, what do I do, give them a pass to vote?"
    The couple DID NOT dispute they were sent mail in ballots, the couple DID NOT say they had not received the ballots, the couple DID NOT say they did not fill them in a mail them back.
    And the poll worker DID NOT ask the couple any questions about the mail in ballots they were sent.
    I WAS STUNNED when the supervisor said YES, give them a pass to vote.
    So they got to vote TWICE, once in a mail in ballot, and again in person.
    Tried to call elections office to get their side, no one answering the phone.

• According to Florida Absentee Ballots - VOTE.org - The Absentee Ballot Experts, I've already received my Florida absentee ballot. Can I still vote in person
    YES! You must bring your absentee ballot (voted or not) with you to the polls so it can be destroyed. If you forget the ballot, you'll have to vote a provisional ballot.
    It would appear that there was no voter fraud IF the poll worker issued the couple a provisional ballot. If the poll worker didn't issue them a provisional ballot, then you may have witnessed voter fraud.

Here is a quote from the Official Florida Voting FAQ at FAQ - Voting - Division of Elections - Florida Department of State -
    I have requested a vote-by-mail ballot and now I have changed my mind and want to vote at the polls. May I?

• Yes. If you received your vote-by-mail ballot, you should return it, whether voted or not, to the poll workers on Election Day. Your vote-by-mail ballot will be voided and you will be allowed to vote a regular ballot at the polls. Even if you come to the polls without your vote-by-mail ballot, you will still be able to vote a regular ballot if the supervisor of elections' office is able to confirm that it has not received your vote-by-mail ballot. However, if it is confirmed that your vote-by-mail ballot has been received, you cannot vote a regular ballot at the polls. If you think the supervisor of elections' office is wrong about receiving your vote-by-mail ballot or if the supervisor of elections' office is unable to confirm whether or not it has received your vote-by-mail ballot, you will be allowed to vote a provisional ballot.

Trump was criticized for encouraging Democrats who had already voted to change their vote by voting in person. This CNN articles points out that this allowed in several states, but doesn't specifically mention Florida - Trump encourages early voting Dems to switch votes to Trump - CNNPolitics.com. The article reports Wisconsin voters can change their vote as many as 3 times.

FWIW, I early voted last week. Texas has around 12 days or so of early voting and news reportds were saying around half of Texas voters would vote early. To me it was a no-brainer to vote early as, on average, about 4% of early voters would vote on any given day compared to the remaining 1/2 of all voters voting on Election day.

• I did not see the couple turn in their mail in ballots, all I saw them hand the poll worker was their ID (Florida requires ID). And if they would have turned the mail in ballots in, then there would have been no reason to ask supervisor "what do I do?" because it would have been obvious that they did not actually vote by mail.
    Since they give you a ballot in a privacy folder, i could not tell if it was the same ballot as what I received. But once the decision was made to let them vote again, there were no other words spoken and they proceeded through the process the same way I did.
    Just did not sit well with me.

Vote early.....Vote Often......win free shit!!!!!!

• I understand. I wonder if the poll worker gave them a provisional ballot. Seems to me they should have received a provisional ballot or should have been told they had already voted.

Vote by mail ballots are tracked in FL , it would have been very easy for the poll worker to look them up with their last name, date of birth, and the house number the ballot was mailed to see if their ballot had been received by the Supervisor of elections office.... beyond that, as you posted, in FL if you request a mail in ballot but choose to vote in person instead you MUST present the mail in ballot to be destroyed by the poll worker before you are allowed to vote in person, period.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......