Here's a new one - factory radio display inverted

• Fired up the Sling this morning, the radio display was upside down. Couple of off-on cycles with the key, no change. Guess we'll be taking a second look at all the wiring we did yesterday . Can I just tell you how weird it is using an upside-down backup camera??

• That's the first thing I looked for, to make sure the labels were right side up! No, no alcohol, or at least not enough to matter.

Hate to be obvious here....Buuuutttt.....given Polaris' track record with quality control.....who's to say the labels are oriented correctly???
    I've had several occasions where I re-installed the stupid head unit in upside down.....easy enough to fix......simply turn it over. I never really paid attention to the labels, I just flipped the unit and went about my business. Hopefully, that's your situation, and not something really crazy!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Hate to be obvious here....Buuuutttt.....given Polaris' track record with quality control.....who's to say the labels are oriented correctly???I've had several occasions where I re-installed the stupid head unit in upside down.....easy enough to fix......simply turn it over. I never really paid attention to the labels, I just flipped the unit and went about my business. Hopefully, that's your situation, and not something really crazy!!!

Well, thank goodness, I thought I was the only one who had ever gotten the thing fully buttoned up to find it upside down... I now turn the key on before I start putting the screws to it because I don't seem to be able to find any other markings. Perhaps I should put a "this side up" label on the back.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Hate to be obvious here....Buuuutttt.....given Polaris' track record with quality control.....who's to say the labels are oriented correctly???I've had several occasions where I re-installed the stupid head unit in upside down.....easy enough to fix......simply turn it over. I never really paid attention to the labels, I just flipped the unit and went about my business. Hopefully, that's your situation, and not something really crazy!!!

Well, the radio's been fine ever since I bought it. But maybe when we had it pulled off the console yesterday, maybe somehow the screen got turned over. We'll check it today. I just thought it was funny.

• That's the first thing I looked for, to make sure the labels were right side up! No, no alcohol, or at least not enough to matter.

So the face plate with the labels is separate from the radio itself. That means I installed the face plate correctly, but the radio upside down. If that's the only thing I did wrong, I call it a good day. :D Probably should have called me before posting......

• So the face plate with the labels is separate from the radio itself. That means I installed the face plate correcyly, but the radio upside down. If that's the only thing I did wrong, I call it a good day. :D Probably should have called me before posting......

Yep!! Don't feel bad....I've done it several times, and always put the face plate on correctly!!! You'd think I'd learn after the first time.....but NOOooooo.............

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• So the face plate with the labels is separate from the radio itself. That means I installed the face plate correctly, but the radio upside down. If that's the only thing I did wrong, I call it a good day. :D Probably should have called me before posting......

Nah, I just thought it was funny. You should have seen me trying to back into my parking spot this morning....

• It could have ben worse. It could have played all the music backwards like we tried listening to back in the wild 60's parties. Oh wait, maybe the music didn't play backwards, but it sure sounded that way. Any others have found memories of those parties? I KNOW Tripod must have been at a few of them.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It could have ben worse. It could have played all the music backwards like we tried listening to back in the wild 60's parties. Oh wait, maybe the music didn't play backwards, but it sure sounded that way. Any others have found memories of those parties? I KNOW Tripod must have been at a few of them.

Probably but I don't remember... :D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014