Winterizing

• Put on my long undies, look around to make sure no one can see my eyes watering up ;(
    Sit with her for a bit and whisper, "see ya next spring".
    Tuck her edges in with a cover.
    All kidding aside, I change oil and filter, put a battery minder on it and and cover and store.

• I started yesterday with a coat of this

And then today a coat of this

Then this on the PRP Seats and dash

Later this week (putting her away has to be in small steps because I don't wanna) will be the stabilizer, cover, poison and bounce pads underneath, and the battery tender. I plan on making a sacrifice of the first snowman in hopes that spring will come soon

• Battery tender & car cover.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• We don't do anything special to the slingshot,but we do have to break out our winter riding gear - sox to wear underthe sandals, a light-weight long sleeve shirt, and for those extremely colddays when the temps drop into the 70's, we might even wear long pants and leavethe shorts at home (sorry, but after spending 50 years in the cold and snow, I think I've earned the right to be happy about living in FLORIDA)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• That seems like a lot of work for a couple days of ice/snow? Oh wait, that's winter in Texas. 4-5 months without the slingshot, I'd sit and cry with her too...

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Later this week (putting her away has to be in small steps because I don't wanna) will be the stabilizer, cover, poison and bounce pads underneath, and the battery tender. I plan on making a sacrifice of the first snowman in hopes that spring will come soon

Can I ask about the poison? What's that about?

• I've used dryer sheets before and it works great. Put them in the camper, boat, jet skies, bikes, anyplace where those little suckers can go. Plus, it makes things smell good. Not sure why mice don't like them.

• I've used dryer sheets before and it works great. Put them in the camper, boat, jet skies, bikes, anyplace where those little suckers can go. Plus, it makes things smell good. Not sure why mice don't like them.

Hmmm...never tried that one before!! I'll have to give them a try in our campers!! Field mice just love to build little condos in the drawers and cabinets.
    Thanks for the idea!!! :00000436:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Gotcha. So do you put poison traps on the floorboards and under the hood, or...?

I'll put poison boxes out and under the hood, on the floor, and in the storage bins along with bounce sheets then I tape a note over the ignition and over the start button to remind me I'll burn the shed down of i start it without removing those things

• Hmmm...never tried that one before!! I'll have to give them a try in our campers!

Yep, used them the last 4-5 years. Used almost a full box in the camper. Put them everywhere. Close everything up, in the spring it smells great and no mice. Same with my bikes, stick one in exhaust, under seats, around airbox, forks, gauges, tires.

• Dryer sheets work great. I also cut up bars of Irish spring soap and put it around the shop under the work bench by the furnace jam it into door cracks in the glove box and storage compartments of the SS and other riding toys. Mice hate dryer sheets and the soap. Never had an issue. The mice chew on the wiring because the outside colored coating has a peanut based oil in it that keeps it plyable. So they thinks its a meal.

• Absolutely. With this new shit blend of fuel, a good fuel conditioner is a must in anything that uses gasoline. If possible, if you could fill the tank with ethanol-free fuel, I would do that as well

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE