Controlled rear tire spins.... Sounds like a nanny to me..

• The worst part of the spyder are all of the onboard nannies. I sat on a few of the new models when the SS was getting some work done at the dealer. First thing I noticed was I could not get comfortable on any of them. Weird and very cramped seating positions. Seems like they are made for smaller riders. That dude in the picture is probably 5' 3" and weighs in at a buck fifty.

• The worst part of the spyder are all of the onboard nannies. I sat on a few of the new models when the SS was getting some work done at the dealer. First thing I noticed was I could not get comfortable on any of them. Weird and very cramped seating positions. Seems like they are made for smaller riders. That dude in the picture is probably 5' 3" and weighs in at a buck fifty.

Most motorcycles are designed --- seat --- for a person little under 6ft and 150 to 180 lbs.... I fall right in that space and fell comfortable on a lot of different bikes...really only rode Gold Wings...

• Most motorcycles are designed --- seat --- for a person little under 6ft and 150 to 180 lbs.... I fall right in that space and fell comfortable on a lot of different bikes...really only rode Gold Wings...

That would explain why I had to replace the seats on my wings.. 6' at 285

YLM. Your Life Matters

• NANNIES - One of the reasons I gave up the Spyder for the Sling. True, I enjoyed the ride of the Spyder. It served it's purpose, albeit, very limited. It was exactly what I was looking for...at the time. Now, the new models allow you to "disconnect" the Nanny so that you can enjoy some spirited riding. My thoughts...not a good thing. With the center of gravity set so high in the first place, this is a recipe for disaster. Trust me, I pushed the envelope a few times with the Roadster-style Spyder. Not a smart thing to do, I agree. But hey, that was the nature of the beast...that is me, just pushing my luck. A few times, I wished I had stopped short of shear regret or assured disaster!
    I still have friends on Spyders. Some will find this as a brilliant move on the part of BRP. Me? I'm glad I made the switch to the Sling. Now, all I need is a damn Turbo or Super-Charged Powerplant to push this beast to the...Oops! I mean, well, sorta' like,...you know what I mean!!!!!!!

• NANNIES - One of the reasons I gave up the Spyder for the Sling. True, I enjoyed the ride of the Spyder. It served it's purpose, albeit, very limited. It was exactly what I was looking for...at the time. Now, the new models allow you to "disconnect" the Nanny so that you can enjoy some spirited riding. My thoughts...not a good thing. With the center of gravity set so high in the first place, this is a recipe for disaster. Trust me, I pushed the envelope a few times with the Roadster-style Spyder. Not a smart thing to do, I agree. But hey, that was the nature of the beast...that is me, just pushing my luck. A few times, I wished I had stopped short of shear regret or assured disaster!
    I still have friends on Spyders. Some will find this as a brilliant move on the part of BRP. Me? I'm glad I made the switch to the Sling. Now, all I need is a damn Turbo or Super-Charged Powerplant to push this beast to the...Oops! I mean, well, sorta' like,...you know what I mean!!!!!!!

I'm only liking this post so you think I like you so you'll sell me your CAI after you level up under the hood.

• I'm only liking this post so you think I like you so you'll sell me your CAI after you level up under the hood.

Just like I've said before...every time I think I'm actually ready to pull the trigger on a boosted engine, another "LEVEL UP" pops up!!!! I'm taking this as a sign! Call it what you want...I just don't think the time is right for me to move into the BOOSTED ranks...just yet! Stick around, though!

• i dont know how many time car computers have messed me up.
    I took my jeep years ago on a gravel road and was having a ball, hit a corner and went into a slide and the damn ABS and traction control caught and almost pushed me off the road into a ditch.
    Had a nissan xterra that I had to get pulled out of a mud hole because every time the tires spun the brakes would stop them so there was no way to clean the tires and get traction to get out.
    I hate a vehicle that tries to think for you unless there is a switch so you can shut that $#it down and have fun.

• Never rode a Spyder, but read too much about how intrusive the safety controls were. This is where Polaris hit the ball out of the park, by not being too intrusive into the riding experience. The F3 series reportedly has less-intrusive safety controls, probably a response to what Polaris did!

At 6'4" and 260, I have that problem with a lot of bikes. The bigger Harley bikes work pretty well for me once I put on the Apes. On a side profile, I still make the big look average size at best. I did follow a Spyder on US 28 (Moonshine 28) on my Sling near Fontana dam. The person riding it was pushing the trike pretty hard, leaning into the curves to help compensate. There was one curve that had a dip in the middle of it, and the front end on the Spyder bounced around and made it go into a wobble. It only lasted a couple seconds at most, but the Spyder ended up in the oncoming lane. No traffic, so no one hurt, but it just looked very unstable. I hit that same dip in my Sling and it just went over it like no big deal.... and that was with the stock suspension.

Here's a pic of me on my Road King, which didn't get much use this past season. (Slingshot got 12k though!)

• Please people lets just turn off all safety devices for just ten days and let some shit sort itself out. The heard will become stronger.

I agree: with all these safety devises on cars that brake for you and wont change lanes with out a beeper going off we are protecting the stupid people and they are breeding faster than others. You are removing Darwinism from revolution. Let the stupid people thin themselves out.

• I agree: with all these safety devises on cars that brake for you and wont change lanes with out a beeper going off we are protecting the stupid people and they are breeding faster than others. You are removing Darwinism from revolution. Let the stupid people thin themselves out.

This is like, a near-daily conversation in our house. My wife insists I am not allowed to manually assist with the thinning of the herd. While I understand her perspective, I tend to disagree with the legal philosophy....there are some people who just need a bullet.