LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it will probably be after February before the swing arm problem is resolved. Get this - Polaris doesn't even know yet what they are gonna do yet for the recall. They are so covered up with Razer recalls they can't keep up. Story developing.. will post more when I know more.

Yup ...... was gonna comment that this ...

They already have all my recall parts ordered and if Polaris comes thru will all be done before I head back to the swamp!

Was probably just the ......

Talking but figured it would get straightened out once the fog lifted ..... laugh-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Sadness :( . Dropped her off for the recalls this morning. Wouldn't you know it, My friend that drove up there with me to give me a ride back walks up to me and says "hey, did you know you have a crack right in front of your rear wheel?" He knew nothing about the recalls or slingshots (other than it's a cool looking vehicle) and he points out a F@$kin crack on the swingarm. A hairline crack that was barely visible unless you look really close. It was either a crack or some leftover burr from production, but the pattern and direction looked an awful lot like a crack. I thought I had taken a picture, but I guess I didn't press the damned button and never checked. I was in shock. I took it in to get on the recall list and get a couple of items taken care of. A rear diff oil leak that had developed and my horn had stopped working quite some time back. I just never bothered taking her in as it's kind of a trip to head up there. Guess it's not leaving there until they get a new swingarm. FML!!!
    Check your swingarms closely folks.....this was a complete surprise to me. They were going to inspect it closer and check to see that it was actually cracked and call me back. Haven't heard back from them but I'll update this when they do.

• yes there is a casting line in that general area. mine has it as well. Look closely and even run your fingernail over it. It should have a slight ridge.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• That's what I'm hoping it is. It's not a straight line though. It's diagonal with a raged edge. I thought maybe it was some grease that had slung across the swing arm, but it did not rub off and running my fingernail through it you can feel it. Damn it. Wish I'd gotten that picture. :( Just for clarification, this is sitting about 5 inches to the left of the right swing arm bearing. Visible from the top right in front of the rear wheel. Runs diagonally right to left. Is that the same thing you guys are seeing ?

• I have a warranty and it's a valid extended warranty, I am just surprised it's not through Polaris and was wondering if RPM ONE is any good and can I cancel it before my 2 year warranty is up and get my money back. I guess a conversation with my dealership is in order.

$1236? Damn! Coleman Powersports (Woodbridge, VA) charged me $1900 for the RPMONE ext. warranty on my 1st SS. Fortunately, I got the Polaris factory ext. warranty on my new SS.

Anyway, when I wrecked my 1st SS back in May it was only 9 mos. old and Coleman confirmed that, yes, you can cancel anytime before the RPMONE plan goes into effect and get a refund. HOWEVER, if the cost was added to your loan financing, the refund goes to the loan company and it is applied to the principal on the loan. So, to get another ext. warranty, you'll probably have to pay for it out of pocket.

The factory will have no record of a 3rd party warranty. It works kind of like health insurance, so you will need to give the dealer your warranty plan info. When you have a warranty repair done, the dealer sends the bill to the plan provider (in this case, RPMONE) not Polaris. Don't be surprised if the dealer tells you that you will be liable for any costs not covered by RPMONE.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• So I just logged into the Polaris site and I see I only have a 2 year warranty and no mention of my $1,236.00 extended 5 year warranty sold to me when I bought it... So I find paper work showing I was sold an RPM ONE 36 month extended warranty. Anyone heard of this? I was told I was sold a Polaris extended warranty.

while I was at my dealership I asked about this. They pulled up my slingshot's records from their dealer login and it shows I have the extended warranty. Apparently the access we have isn't completely up to date. They gave me a printout to take with me with all the information on it.

• $1236? Damn! Coleman Powersports (Woodbridge, VA) charged me $1900 for the RPMONE ext. warranty on my 1st SS. Fortunately, I got the Polaris factory ext. warranty on my new SS.

Anyway, when I wrecked my 1st SS back in May it was only 9 mos. old and Coleman confirmed that, yes, you can cancel anytime before the RPMONE plan goes into effect and get a refund. HOWEVER, if the cost was added to your loan financing, the refund goes to the loan company and it is applied to the principal on the loan. So, to get another ext. warranty, you'll probably have to pay for it out of pocket.

The factory will have no record of a 3rd party warranty. It works kind of like health insurance, so you will need to give the dealer your warranty plan info. When you have a warranty repair done, the dealer sends the bill to the plan provider (in this case, RPMONE) not Polaris. Don't be surprised if the dealer tells you that you will be liable for any costs not covered by RPMONE.

I'm going to try and cancel it and get my money back. Paid cash so no financing to deal with.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• To be clear, I liked that you're getting pictures , not that you're Sling less . . . That sucks. But maybe you'll be one of the first with a new swingarm and we can see the difference , if any. . .

Edited once, last by MiM ().

• Have same looking raised area just to left of bend in swingarm, standing behind SS. Just got my "OFFICIAL" notification from Polaris in mail today. Says there will be a follow up communication no later than end of Nov. regarding the next steps for completing these bulletins. Says once you receive this letter then contact your dealer.... Looks like they are leaving a big window open for parts availability even then.