LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Been over 4 weeks waiting on the parts since put on order with Polaris for this recall. It's what 9 months later and it takes over 4 weeks to get the parts for a recall?

Impact is low as I'm continuing to drive the shit out of it, but jeez, you'd think they would handle this a little better. Oh that's right, it's not from my perspective

4 weeks? I got on the recall lists with 3 local dealers back in October/November. Despite constant follow through, I'm still waiting but I do have an appointment for next Friday with Cycle Springs 125 miles away.

• Dropped mine off at the local dealer yesterday. Great first impression from the service manager. He's going to do the recalls, plus change out the rear axle, check the squeal in the brakes, and do something about the seeping rear angle drive seal which my previous dealer kept "tightening" and then yelled at me for changing it out to Royal Purple. Like I said, great first impression.

What is the going hourly rate for maintenance at all your dealers or shops?

• Sorry for late reply, got tires in for the Goldwing and a had to get those swapped out. Going rate is pretty much $100/wheel if you bring the bike in so I was pulling them off myself and bringing them in along with a few other late spring yard duties. 2 days after I posted the dealer called and said he got the parts in so I bring it in this wednesday to have all the work done.
    I really thought that this year nothing could keep me from SSITS, but the wife's folks are not doing so well. We are moving them into assisted living this week and hoping that it will be sufficient for now, I'm not sure that SSITR will be an option this year either. We've kinda assumed all trips are off this year due to the rapid decline of their health.

I'm sorry to hear you inlaws aren't fairing too well. It is tough to see someone who has always been their for you, start to decline.

All the best to you & your wife.

With a little luck, maybe I'll get down towards Alpha again this year. (Still want the GT Shocks they just had on sale, but gotta wait to see how much $$$ I loose at SSITR first, lol) Hope to hook up whe I do make it down.

Until then, take care.

• I called my dealer in February to order parts. I called last week to see if any updates. Took them all day to call me back to say they have a white arm in stock. Wonder if they would have ever called. Dropped it off Saturday. Mentioned crack on driver side panel, and was told not covered.

• I called my dealer in February to order parts. I called last week to see if any updates. Took them all day to call me back to say they have a white arm in stock. Wonder if they would have ever called. Dropped it off Saturday. Mentioned crack on driver side panel, and was told not covered.

That's a BS answer. Tell them you want them to submit it in writing to Polaris as the cracks are a result of insufficient support by their redesign of the brace. You want them to replace the panel with cracks and reinforce both. Then tell them to call you when they have the response from Polaris

Yeah, it is. There's precedence.

• I haven't had cracks in passenger side as of yet. My driver's side panel has been replaced. Polaris covered it. BS on the dealer saying it's not covered. On mine, they didn't change anything on the support, and it's cracking again already. Found it the same day I got my SLR vinyl kit on it, so that vinyl is going to need replaced when the panel is replaced. I'll be taking it to a dealer in Indy this time (Flat Out), but I'm in no hurry. I'll wait until it needs to go in for something, or until end of season

• They replaced both my driver and passenger side panels as both had starring cracks. Covered under warranty. But they wouldn't replace the brackets that caused the cracks. Go figure. I'm curious if they will replace them again.

I also had both sides replaced under warranty. When re-installing, we ground the crud out of the lousy bracket, thumped it slightly down, and covered the entire top of the bracket with a strip of adhesive foam........ Now, I NEVER put any weight on the area, but while it was in the shop for recall work, apparently one of the shop hands- either moving it into the shop, or out for a bath, put enough weight on the panel to star crack the driver's side again. I saw it immediately, and told the service mgr to open a claim. He took pictures and submitted it. May have to wait while for the panel, but they will replace for free. Service mgr. also wants to see what else we can do with the bracket, to keep it from happening again.......he thinks vibration may have worn through the foam....

Same as everyone else has said. This is under Warranty.

Had mine done too.

• Anybody with replaced panels have cracks that aren't too bad and just on the paint? I have 2015 without these issues (better brace), but one of my panels had the clip for the screw/bolt broken. Im going to paint it anyway, so if anyone is able to keep there's and send it to me, that would be awesome! Especially if gray, black, silver, but anything will do!

Just asking... :whistling:

Side panel cracks in the 16.5's known WARRANTY issue. They are 100% wrong.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I also had both sides replaced under warranty. When re-installing, we ground the crud out of the lousy bracket, thumped it slightly down, and covered the entire top of the bracket with a strip of adhesive foam........ Now, I NEVER put any weight on the area, but while it was in the shop for recall work, apparently one of the shop hands- either moving it into the shop, or out for a bath, put enough weight on the panel to star crack the driver's side again. I saw it immediately, and told the service mgr to open a claim. He took pictures and submitted it. May have to wait while for the panel, but they will replace for free. Service mgr. also wants to see what else we can do with the bracket, to keep it from happening again.......he thinks vibration may have worn through the foam....

@NatomasSlingshot1 I must have missed the post... Assume the brakes are working correctly now?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Finally got the swing arm done yesterday. The other stuff was done a few months ago. Now hopefully it will be going back for oil changes only although I have that pesky stability light that comes on intermittently.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info