LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• UPDATE!!

Vendor (Flatout Motorsports, Indy) called and said they would have the part tomorrow and my bike back together for pick up tomorrow even if they have to stay past closing!!

Fingers crossed

UPDATE: 4/10/17
    Got a call on Saturday from the dealership. All work was complete. Bike checked out OK and the brakes are great. They even gave it a bath!!!

Now just waiting on the swing arm. Oh and the SUPER CHARGER install this weekend!!!!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

Edited once, last by SlingRider ().

• Dropped the SL off for the brake work.... the dealership got their first swing-arms.... the darn thing is orange! They also got 1 red one, but HAD to put it on their for sale demo, and I understand that. May get more sometime between now and Friday. It is supposed to rain for the next couple of days, so maybe I will get lucky, and more come in..... If not, it will be another trip up there in a few weeks, but if I have real brakes when I get it back, it will be worth it!

• Took the sling last week for all recalls. Promt service. Didn't get to ride till Sunday due to weather. Now I have a brake sensor acting up. Parts on order. What next?

• Dropped the SL off for the brake work.... the dealership got their first swing-arms.... the darn thing is orange! They also got 1 red one, but HAD to put it on their for sale demo, and I understand that. May get more sometime between now and Friday. It is supposed to rain for the next couple of days, so maybe I will get lucky, and more come in..... If not, it will be another trip up there in a few weeks, but if I have real brakes when I get it back, it will be worth it!

My brakes were not that bad to start. They do feel a tad bit better now so hoping for the best for you @NatomasSlingshot1

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• All. I am waiting on the pics from the dealer for my Madter cylinder to share. Make sure you take a look and check to see if it has any seepage. My dealer saw it and sent pics to Polaris. Polaris replaced it under warranty.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Update: still at the dealership. All recalls done. Brakes suck, per service mgr. Has done the recommended Polaris bleed and replaced master cylinder, in addition to mickey mouse recall on the brake lines........ Test drove- better for about 3-4 miles, and then back to the double pump- not as bad as when I brought her in, but bad enough he will not release her. He talked to Polaris and they want him to do the Polaris bleed treatment, then a regular bleed......

• You see no leaks at all?

none- was watching the thing like a hawk for the last 5 months, as the brakes have gotten progressively worse..... was checking brake fluid regularly, as well..... but you are right- if this second procedure does not work- there must be a minuscule leak...... At least it has all been bolt on sh#t with this one- not like we are chasing a gremlin again.

• they did bleed the anti-lock bleeder, right?

will double check- presuming that they did.... last time I was there, I made sure that they bled them all- I had to put the little cap/cover back on that one for the mechanic- his mitts were too big........ :D Will double check when I call the service mgr, just before they close tonight..... would love to have it back by tomorrow afternoon-- weather here is finally turning nice!

• none- was watching the thing like a hawk for the last 5 months, as the brakes have gotten progressively worse..... was checking brake fluid regularly, as well..... but you are right- if this second procedure does not work- there must be a minuscule leak...... At least it has all been bolt on sh#t with this one- not like we are chasing a gremlin again.

true DAT!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Update: still at the dealership. All recalls done. Brakes suck, per service mgr. Has done the recommended Polaris bleed and replaced master cylinder, in addition to mickey mouse recall on the brake lines........ Test drove- better for about 3-4 miles, and then back to the double pump- not as bad as when I brought her in, but bad enough he will not release her. He talked to Polaris and they want him to do the Polaris bleed treatment, then a regular bleed......

I got mine back about 5 weeks (ish) ago. Brakes were solid... as in it felt weird not to push them way down if emergency, and double pump if not. Now I've noticed that while not as bad... it had returned. Brake pedal doesn't go as far down as before, but at least over an inch lower than if I hit them light and then let up and hit them again. Still much better than the first 12.5k I put on it...

• I got mine back about 5 weeks (ish) ago. Brakes were solid... as in it felt weird not to push them way down if emergency, and double pump if not. Now I've noticed that while not as bad... it had returned. Brake pedal doesn't go as far down as before, but at least over an inch lower than if I hit them light and then let up and hit them again. Still much better than the first 12.5k I put on it...

Bleed them again. Took me four times to get a full pedal. Now I just bleed every time I change the oil. Takes less than 5 minutes for all 3 wheels.

• Been over 4 weeks waiting on the parts since put on order with Polaris for this recall. It's what 9 months later and it takes over 4 weeks to get the parts for a recall?

Impact is low as I'm continuing to drive the shit out of it, but jeez, you'd think they would handle this a little better. Oh that's right, it's not from my perspective

• Been over 4 weeks waiting on the parts since put on order with Polaris for this recall. It's what 9 months later and it takes over 4 weeks to get the parts for a recall?

Impact is low as I'm continuing to drive the shit out of it, but jeez, you'd think they would handle this a little better. Oh that's right, it's not from my perspective

I think it's a south to north thing. Polaris maybe following the green. Trying to get it done as the season approaches.. if it's still white in your area, no rush on them...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I think it's a south to north thing. Polaris maybe following the green. Trying to get it done as the season approaches.. if it's still white in your area, no rush on them...

I had mine done in January here. I drove it in -23 weather to get it all done well before the riding season.

However, that being said, I am sure many parts were pre-allocated to Canada separately, and as such we would likely play by a bit different rules. Best of luck @SlingJockey. I hope the delays don't disrupt any rides you have planned.

Coming to SSITR this year by chance? My wife & I are attending, and I believe I owe you that drink yet.

• Polaris First Quarter results and the look ahead, as reported on - Fox Business

Polaris Industries, Inc. Looks to the Road Ahead As Markets Improve | Fox Business

Still trying to figure out how Scott Wine, and the Fox reporter can claim that Polaris puts its customers first, how they are identifying issues sooner and reacting more quickly..............

Read the article, judge for yourself...... Personally, I need a drink after reading Scott Wine's dribble.......!

• I had mine done in January here. I drove it in -23 weather to get it all done well before the riding season.
    However, that being said, I am sure many parts were pre-allocated to Canada separately, and as such we would likely play by a bit different rules. Best of luck @SlingJockey. I hope the delays don't disrupt any rides you have planned.

Coming to SSITR this year by chance? My wife & I are attending, and I believe I owe you that drink yet.

Sorry for late reply, got tires in for the Goldwing and a had to get those swapped out. Going rate is pretty much $100/wheel if you bring the bike in so I was pulling them off myself and bringing them in along with a few other late spring yard duties. 2 days after I posted the dealer called and said he got the parts in so I bring it in this wednesday to have all the work done.

I really thought that this year nothing could keep me from SSITS, but the wife's folks are not doing so well. We are moving them into assisted living this week and hoping that it will be sufficient for now, I'm not sure that SSITR will be an option this year either. We've kinda assumed all trips are off this year due to the rapid decline of their health.