LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• After waiting for parts since the swing-arm recall was first announced,and after my dealer told me Polaris kept slipping the delivery date for my parts to at least the end of March, my dealer calls me just after the middle of March that my parts have come in, so I finally got my recall work done last week. The brakes feel much better, but I'm having to get used to the sounds of the new swing-arm. The new sounds bug me since I only have a few months left on my warranty.

• After waiting for parts since the swing-arm recall was first announced,and after my dealer told me Polaris kept slipping the delivery date for my parts to at least the end of March, my dealer calls me just after the middle of March that my parts have come in, so I finally got my recall work done last week. The brakes feel much better, but I'm having to get used to the sounds of the new swing-arm. The new sounds bug me since I only have a few months left on my warranty.

Yeah, it rekindles the sounds of new :00008359: . Just like when you first bought it, it gets better as you ride it.

• @BKL

After having my angle drive, belt, and sprocket replaced, I enjoyed the new sling sound in the rear (sling version of new car smell). But, it didn't settle down as I expected. Ended up having the axle and both bearings replaced. Still making noise... sigh.

Trust your ears. And get the extended warranty. PM me if you want contact info for my dealer, who is offering 25% off. $900 for the three year. Someone else is offering the same deal, but don't remember off hand. Doesn't matter where you buy it.

• OK, what the hell. I've called 3 other Polaris dealers within 1-2 hours from me. They said they are getting out, or have already got out of the slingshot line and are not servicing or doing recall work. I have 2 places left and then I'm screwed. :00000003: I can't blame them, if I had a dealership, Polaris would be the last thing I would sell,... they suck :00008862:

• OK, what the hell. I've called 3 other Polaris dealers within 1-2 hours from me. They said they are getting out, or have already got out of the slingshot line and are not servicing or doing recall work. I have 2 places left and then I'm screwed. :00000003: I can't blame them, if I had a dealership, Polaris would be the last thing I would sell,... they suck :00008862:

Yeah, not happy with my sling either. Am executing a plan to flog mine to death. Frame, body panels, GM drive train fine. Everything else is junk. Disappointed.

Miss my Harley days - wish I could still handle one.

• Just found a dealer that would do the recall work,...about 2 hours away, plus I'm at the end of the list,.. guess how long the wait is?.......2 WEEKS :00008356: I almost shit myself when she said that. I then said, "OK, so around the first of June you'll call me when the parts are in? Sorry Ma'am, But I don't trust anything that Polaris says." She laughed and said, "So you've dealt with Polaris before!" :00008084: " Not going to hold my breathe.

• @BKL

After having my angle drive, belt, and sprocket replaced, I enjoyed the new sling sound in the rear (sling version of new car smell). But, it didn't settle down as I expected. Ended up having the axle and both bearings replaced. Still making noise... sigh.

Trust your ears. And get the extended warranty. PM me if you want contact info for my dealer, who is offering 25% off. $900 for the three year. Someone else is offering the same deal, but don't remember off hand. Doesn't matter where you buy it.

I've thought about the extended warranty, but since I was planning to install a turbo now that the swing-arm has been replaced, I'd assume any drivetrain-related parts will be excluded from warranty due to the increased HP from the turbo.

@Shatneyman, your approach is all wrong. Park your Slingshot across the street but in view of the dealership. Then face up on the service department. Tell them what you want done then point to your machine. They'll do anything at that point just to get it in the shop for a closer look. :thumbup:

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Dean if you decide to break it up and sell the parts, my offer still stands for the wheels and tires :):):)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @BKL

Checked the mail yesterday and got a notice from Polaris that the warranty expires in May, @airoutlaw said we would be getting the extended warranty. Really cant afford not to! They had an awesome idea when creating and designing the slingshot, but an awful execution.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• Don't know if this is anywhere else in the thread, but I dropped mine off weeks ago to the dealer so he could order parts (another story sometime) and got a call from them last week. All of the parts were in(minus swingarm) except for a brand new recall. He said that there is now a recall on a steering column bolt. So waited for that to come in on Tuesday. Told them I had to have it back by tomorrow.

Get call today. They have everything done, BUT (you knew it was coming) they had noticed a leak in my master cylinder and sent pics to Polaris. Polaris shipped replacement cylinder. They took mine apart and "learned" that the switch that sends the signal that your brake fluid is low was not reusable and they have to order another one. Now I am in a pinch to get it back in time to get it to @Painter for my SC install. Beyond pissed.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I got a call from Volusia Motorsports in FL that my recall parts were in and they were ready for it, took over a month to get the parts.
    Weather has been fairly decent, high the other day was 92.....
    So I thought WTH, lets take it in on Saturday, it will be a nice weekend drive, so the appointment is set for 9am on this Saturday.

THEN that silly vindictive bitch mother nature found out.

I guess she thought about it for a while..........
    thought FLORIDA......in APRIL.......usually upper 60's at night.......... and close to hell during the day.
    She said, OH, I know how to totally screw him.........
    let's make it 44 freaking degrees Saturday morning for his 2 hour ride........

vindictive bitch she is.........

• Thanks @Shatneyman and @jorgebri60.

When they call this morning I am going to tell them to either pull a master cylinder from a showroom bike or the ECU. Either way i want mine back tomorrow

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...