LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Unless the dealer is set up to xray the swingarm they can't really inspect it properly.

I agree but the wording on the letter seems to leave the decision up to the inspecting dealer. I will stop by to see my dealer tomorrow and see what he says. I do a lot of work with them and they are pretty strait up about everything.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Yep....got my recall letter today as well. Pretty much same as everyone above......new swing arm, fuel clip, etc.
    I don't expect to get the work done until sometime next spring. I figure it's best to let my dealership get plenty of experience with the installs, before letting them loose on mine.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Received my letter today. Took a printout to my service dealer Barton Power Sports in West Memphis on Saturday. They put my order in for the replacements Saturday and called me today to reconfirm the order was placed and see if I was happy with the warranty work they performed to fix the brake failure light. Proactive communications from Barton Power Sports gave me a good feeling. I'm liking this dealer.

• OK
    Received my official Recall Notice today

It says Inspect, repair or replace swingarm to reduce the risk of structural damage.

Looks to me like we are not all getting new swingarms

I don't know about that. They have some level of risk, and their exposure isn't inconsiderate if they "inspect" someone's swingarm and bless off on it, and it subsequently breaks and causes an accident. I would think the cost-benefit analysis would dictate erring on the side of caution on this one.

• I don't know about that. They have some level of risk, and their exposure isn't inconsiderate if they "inspect" someone's swingarm and bless off on it, and it subsequently breaks and causes an accident. I would think the cost-benefit analysis would dictate erring on the side of caution on this one.

Yes but it depends on whether the bean counters or the lawyers are making the call

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My $0.02 (which is above the fair market value) ..... they have to be ready to replace. Some dealers don't even have lifts. Not sure how Polaris could expect dealers to make that determination based on what we know so far and with that said what dealer would take the chance and be wrong

• The bean counters and lawyers will work together - lawyers will calculate exposure litigation wise - bean counters will place a cost on replacing all swing arms - Polaris will go with whichever one is cheaper.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Got my recall notice in the mail today. What's weird is that the recalls on the mailed notice and the recalls listed at On-Road Product Safety Recalls - Search by VIN don't seem to match.

The mailed notice says:

• Recall T-16-03 Engine Fuel Line. Replace the engine fuel line, and inspect retention clips to reduce the risk of interference,
    • Recall T-16-06 Swingarm. Inspect, repair or replace the swingarm to reduce the risk of structural damage.

The website says:

• Recall T-16-03-A. Fuel line replace clip inspect (seems to be the same description as above, just different number),
    • Recall T-16-06-EB. Swingarm replacement w/nuts.

I think someone on this thread said the nut replacement was only for the 2015 models, but mine is a 2016. Anyone know what the letters, at the end of the recall number, verses no letters signify?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• Apparently only about 7k of us need the brake recall. . .

oh, is that all?????????? (dripping sarcasm) That is the only one of the three I am pushing my dealer on. My brakes are sh#t. He diagnosed bad Master Cylinder, and theoretically put it on order, about 2 hours before the recall went out. I am sure that he won't replace one without the other...... I let him know how disappointed I would be if I had to wait until the 5th of never on this part of the recall. The others can wait- I only have about 5,000 on the new bearings, so the swing arm can wait, and the fuel line is not rubbing at this point..........
    They haven't even started saying .... 2 more weeks.... yet :(

• oh, is that all?????????? (dripping sarcasm) That is the only one of the three I am pushing my dealer on. My brakes are sh#t. He diagnosed bad Master Cylinder, and theoretically put it on order, about 2 hours before the recall went out. I am sure that he won't replace one without the other...... I let him know how disappointed I would be if I had to wait until the 5th of never on this part of the recall. The others can wait- I only have about 5,000 on the new bearings, so the swing arm can wait, and the fuel line is not rubbing at this point..........They haven't even started saying .... 2 more weeks.... yet :(

yeah... about that.... I'm screwed until they start shipping parts. They've (the dealer) already told me they "don't recommend driving it anymore" so basically I'm sol until swingarms start shipping from Polaris. I don't think they're going to release it to me anytime soon. Call into the mother ship's customer support yesterday yielded nothing more than apologies and I'd have to talk to the parts department (which apparently was closed yesterday). Customer support did not know what was going to be done about the swingarm. I'll be trying again today see what gives. I need a little more reassurance that they're at least addressing the fact that these are cracking (and in some cases breaking) and replacing them with something other than the same swingarm. We shall see. @rabtech or @Noel Hughes, any more details from your end? Rab, I know you're pretty close to them, have you heard any more details on this recall other that what we already know?

• yeah... about that.... I'm screwed until they start shipping parts. They've (the dealer) already told me they "don't recommend driving it anymore" so basically I'm sol until swingarms start shipping from Polaris. I don't think they're going to release it to me anytime soon. Call into the mother ship's customer support yesterday yielded nothing more than apologies and I'd have to talk to the parts department (which apparently was closed yesterday). Customer support did not know what was going to be done about the swingarm. I'll be trying again today see what gives. I need a little more reassurance that they're at least addressing the fact that these are cracking (and in some cases breaking) and replacing them with something other than the same swingarm. We shall see. @rabtech or @Noel Hughes, any more details from your end? Rab, I know you're pretty close to them, have you heard any more details on this recall other that what we already know?

I have not been given anymore info lately. I will make some calls today while I'm on the road and see if I can find out something. I would just like to know when the first swingarm is delivered to a dealer for the recall.

So far I don't know of a single person that has had their swingarm replaced.

• I have not been given anymore info lately. I will make some calls today while I'm on the road and see if I can find out something. I would just like to know when the first swingarm is delivered to a dealer for the recall.
    So far I don't know of a single person that has had their swingarm replaced.

I'll post here whenever I hear anything or I get word from my dealer. For now, my dealer is waiting to hear from Polaris about parts availability.

• Got all my recall work done with the exception of swing arm! Life is good when you are close to Cycle Springs!! Will be after February before any swing arm repairs are done based on what I was able to gather at the dealership.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it