• Oh Boy I am on the swing arm list
    and the fuel clip but I think that the DDM fuel rail eliminates that?

Yes, the fuel line clip is not an issue with the DDM rail. I just received a text tonight from my dealer who said the swing arm recall does not come with a stop ride order, so while it's an important safety issue, I'm not going to let that ruin my fun riding to Cycle Springs and Noel's Toy Run next month

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• Yes, the fuel line clip is not an issue with the DDM rail. I just received a text tonight from my dealer who said the swing arm recall does not come with a stop ride order, so while it's an important safety issue, I'm not going to let that ruin my fun riding to Cycle Springs and Noel's Toy Run nect month

Is it a full swing arm replacement?

• Is it a full swing arm replacement?

I believe it is, but waiting to hear the details tomorrow as well. Not sure if this is in response to the several broken swing arms with bad castings, and they're replacing them with ones that have been modified. Or if they took the time to redesign them to be tubular ones and everyone is getting them. My guess is they are staying cast since they didn't stop production of the 2017 models and those are not on the recall list (I believe)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The new ones look cast also and will come complete with new bearings. :) Because of the large number of Slings and varied colors :whistling: it'll probably be a little bit before they get everyone handled. Hang tight, small bump in the road. These things are too much fun to get down about this. 8o8o

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• 2 weeks (×4)

On-Road Product Safety Recalls - Search by VIN

Frequently Asked Questions
    - What model years and makes are affected by this recall?
    Select model year 2015, 2016, 2017 Polaris Slingshot vehicles. Utilize the above VIN look up to identify the specific safety notifications that affect your Polaris Slingshot.

- What should I do next?
    Polaris is developing comprehensive repair procedures for all safety and service bulletins which should be finalized shortly. As soon as possible, and no later than the end of November, we will send a follow-up communication via mail with a status update regarding service parts and repair scheduling availability.

- How long will it take my vehicle to be fixed?
    At the onset, part supply will be limited, so we anticipate supply matching demand at the beginning of 2017. We apologize in advance for any delays this might cause and are working diligently to increase part supply as quickly as possible. As service parts become more readily available please work closely with your dealer on scheduling a service visit to have the work performed. Safety is our number-one priority so it’s important for the repairs to be completed as soon as possible.

- Who should I call for help?
    While your local Polaris Slingshot dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, if there are any questions your dealer cannot address, please call our Customer Service Department at: 1-855-863-2284

• Well, I must admit that I'm relieved to hear that they will be replacing the swingarms. My recall shows that, the replace clip on fuel rail, and the stat-o-seal. I'm going to check my fuel rail today when I get back home, and if all looks good, keep using it until they can do the repairs. I am the lead tool designer at a sand cast foundry, and after seeing that broken swingarm, I am certain it's not an isolated issue to that one or a few of them. Much more likely is that it's a dirt or shrink issue that leaves them all weak, just some worse than others. Along with the bearing issues, I'm glad it will be replaced as a complete unit.

I've had mine 5 months, and just under 12,000 miles on it now. Only thing I have had is the pinion seal leak, and the driver's side panel doing the starburst cracking from the inside. The seal is fixed, the other is under review (last Saturday) and should be covered. Even with the hassle of a major recall, I'm not a bit sorry I have my Slingshot. I've had so much fun with it, I'm only dreading winter coming and not riding.

• I'll be stopping by my Dealer's Shop with VIN/Recall in hand. Those that purchased from All Out Cycles in Chesapeake, Virginia I'll get as much info as I can and shoot it out as soon as I can.