Recalls/Service Bulletins

• What are the chances the swing arm is for a non-destructive inspection to identify bad units for replacement only? Yep, right, too far out the ball park to be in the game....

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• As i mentioned in the first post some of this is fairly serious (fuel clip and swingarm). The other 2 things are service bulletins that you guys/gals won't see (the dealers will) and they give us information on potential issues that have come up that we can address when you machine is in the dealership. Just ask you dealer to look into both of these IF they pertain to you vin#.

I've got almost 25k personal miles on 2 different Slings (2nd one turbo'd from day 1) and about 1000 of those on track. The Slingshot is pretty robust in design and seem to be holding up well despite the driving I do (no swingarm issues). We work with @Turbosling on helping test new products from time to time and even with the increased performance and stress things are holding up nicely.

If any of you are within range of our dealership feel free to give me a call or shoot me a message. I'd be glad to get your Sling fixed up (this means you @DKF Texas - road trip!)

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• Mine is already put up for winter so will just wait until next year to get the work scheduled. Hopefully Polaris will get parts going by end of winter. i also hope a redesigned rear axle bearing setup is part of this swingarm recall. I only have 6000 miles on mine and the warranty expires in Feb so this would actually be great timing to get something that could become a fix for that known problem as well.

• I've had my swing arm custom painted, this is going to be a big pain in the ass. I wonder if I can get Polaris to pay for the swing arm to be panted. It wasn't a cheap or easy process

Nope, probably not. You voided your warranty by putting that corrosive paint on the swingarm and now Polaris isn't going to even cover replacing it as part of the recall. :00008698:
    Does look AMAZING though!!

• This customization stuff involving the rear swing arm is a place we should not be going right now. Gonna be a peasant revolt if the rear swing arm is replaced with a tubular version... :cursing:

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Just typed in my VIN into the Polaris portal listed in this thread. My Slingshot, is one of the infamous "low production numbered" Slingshot's!! :00008172:
    It is the 96th SS built. It has the fuel clip, and the swing arm, to be inspected and replaced respectfully.
    However, I'm really excited about something I read in the details!!! Looks like I'll be getting some " nuts" as well!! Finally, with some nuts, will I be able to ride it like @rabtech ??? What do you think???
    :00008356::00008172:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Just typed in my VIN into the Polaris portal listed in this thread. My Slingshot, is one of the infamous "low production numbered" Slingshot's!! :00008172:
    It is the 96th SS built. It has the fuel clip, and the swing arm, to be inspected and replaced respectfully.
    However, I'm really excited about something I read in the details!!! Looks like I'll be getting some " nuts" as well!! Finally, with some nuts, will I be able to ride it like @rabtech ??? What do you think???
    :00008356::00008172:

Not too fast the Conn Man. I do remember someone overdriving a sharp corner and soiling his shorts. I think he's married to a girl named TERRY!!!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• As i mentioned in the first post some of this is fairly serious (fuel clip and swingarm). The other 2 things are service bulletins that you guys/gals won't see (the dealers will) and they give us information on potential issues that have come up that we can address when you machine is in the dealership. Just ask you dealer to look into both of these IF they pertain to you vin#.

I've got almost 25k personal miles on 2 different Slings (2nd one turbo'd from day 1) and about 1000 of those on track. The Slingshot is pretty robust in design and seem to be holding up well despite the driving I do (no swingarm issues). We work with @Turbosling on helping test new products from time to time and even with the increased performance and stress things are holding up nicely.

If any of you are within range of our dealership feel free to give me a call or shoot me a message. I'd be glad to get your Sling fixed up (this means you @DKF Texas - road trip!)

Just in time for snow and ice up there...I may need to borrow the "special tires"
    So does this mean I am on the list Scotty?