Recalls/Service Bulletins

• A few swingarms have broken, most likely bad castings. I'm always good with new parts on the old beast. I just wonder if they are replacing the axle bearings in the swap or reusing the old ones.
    I'm a little concerned about replacing my nuts. ;(

Unless the bearing was redesigned and that is why they're doing it I won't let them touch mine. I put a zerk in and a new bearing.

• Don't disagree. Think it's just too ealy for the details. Feds probably have their nose in it very deep causing Polaris to react this way before they can even do a good job getting info to service techs and owners

• so- where the heck is the stat-o-seal used on the sling?

They are the seals used on the banjo bolts at the master cylinder pressure switches .......

Its the only place I have found them on my Slingshot ....(Disclaimer:not that they couldn't also be used elsewhere unknown to me) ....funny thing is I am not part of that recall ....

I did replace them when I replaced the pressure switches ...

I only have the fuel line clip ..which in my experience with this little gem is if you leave it alone its fine but always replace it it you disconnect the fuel line ....so the possibility of having some kid un-clip it to "check" it rubs me the wrong way ....

And the "swingarm" ....

Did my own light harness recall complete with the fuse box sticker so this should be fun ....... angry-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• They are the seals used on the banjo bolts at the master cylinder pressure switches .......

You know what that sounded like, in my head, just now? The two Muppets on the balcony, heckling the crowd.

Not trying to be a smartass, this is a serious question...does this have an actual effect on the brake system? Like, potentially leaking fluid, weak/squishy brakes, etc?

• You know what that sounded like, in my head, just now? The two Muppets on the balcony, heckling the crowd.

Not trying to be a smartass, this is a serious question...does this have an actual effect on the brake system? Like, potentially leaking fluid, weak/squishy brakes, etc?

My factory originals where chewed up (like little care was taken when installed) with bits of the rubber seal stuck in the pressure switches and floating around in the fluid..

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I just entered my VIN and have 4 Recalls, two of which are already done. Look at 'Swing arm Replace' and dealer action list repair. Maybe this is the 'double nut' and not a complete swing arm replacement. ?
    Also lists 'Inspect' fuel line clip.

• Not trying to be a smartass, this is a serious question...does this have an actual effect on the brake system? Like, potentially leaking fluid, weak/squishy brakes, etc?

really interesting that they just ordered a master cylinder for me today........ Tech said that he believed that the cup was not compressing and replacing properly. Issue- 6 gotta 10 breaking tries- mushy, mushy, mushy. the other 4- had a decent solid pedal..... could the buggers be the issue?

• really interesting that they just ordered a master cylinder for me today........ Tech said that he believed that the cup was not compressing and replacing properly. Issue- 6 gotta 10 breaking tries- mushy, mushy, mushy. the other 4- had a decent solid pedal..... could the buggers be the issue?

@V-SHOT - John, read above. Food for thought on those mushy brakes of yours.

• I just entered my VIN and have 4 Recalls, two of which are already done. Look at 'Swing arm Replace' and dealer action list repair. Maybe this is the 'double nut' and not a complete swing arm replacement. ?
    Also lists 'Inspect' fuel line clip.

Nope. I have a 2016.5 with a double nut and it shows swing arm for me.

• Cool! New swing arm probably means new bearing types, axle and all internals as well!!!! Whew.... that will help put my mind at ease as my second set of bearings are starting to talk to me again!

• me too

Want to hear something truly cynical? Of all of us are getting swingarms replaced because of some structural fault (mis-casting or otherwise), and Polaris is rushing to get hundreds or thousands of new swingarms out to the repair shops, who's doing the QA on all those rushed castings to ensure they're fault-free - and how much do you trust that process?

• Want to hear something truly cynical? Of all of us are getting swingarms replaced because of some structural fault (mis-casting or otherwise), and Polaris is rushing to get hundreds or thousands of new swingarms out to the repair shops, who's doing the QA on all those rushed castings to ensure they're fault-free - and how much do you trust that process?

Now your making me go into reality again damn you!!!! :)

• I bet they are not rushing... If the dealers are seeing it today then you can bet that they have had time to get some stock built up. It didn't take long to get the steering rack fixed...

I won't be jumping thru any hoops to get a swingarm replaced either. If mine hasn't broke after what I have put it thru then it's not going to break

• Just 2 more weeks (×2) .....

What should I do next?

Polaris is developing comprehensive repair procedures for all safety and service bulletins which should be finalized shortly. As soon as possible, and no later than the end of November, we will send a follow-up communication via mail with a status update regarding service parts and repair scheduling availability.