Why not buying a MIATA instead

• I looked at that a while back. @sideseatdriver and I talked about it, and we agree. That's not the vision of the ride. It's the same reason I always took the windshields off my motorcycles, it's the same reason I always wanted a suicide shifter on the bike, same reason my Silverado 2500 has a stick shift, and that's the reason I won't ever close in the sides of the Sling, wont ever put the 4th wheel on the back, and might not ever own a top. That's just not the vision of the ride for me. The Sling is meant to be open, in the wind, close to the road, lean and tight.

Just my $.02.

• I did see this on Slingshot Mods, what do you guys and girls think?

THAT is the most ridiculous looking contraption I have ever seen.
    And unless you have rear exiting exhaust, the most deadly thing too.
    But as i have said before, Taste is a very individual thing.
    Some have it, and some don't, LOL

• I also think that thing is butt ugly and ruins the looks and goals for the machine. If I need full coverage from the elements I already own several much better options than the SS and they all have A/C. One even has 4WD for when the elements really get bad. Put me in the group that looks at that and says WTF....

• Not a real big fan of the total layout. That's just my opinion. This is not to say that there is not someone out there who finds that this setup suits their needs. Different strokes for different folks. This is neither my stroke, nor do I know any folks with such an eclectic vision who would find this beneficial or pleasing to the eye. This is just my opinion. <X

• Not a real big fan of the total layout. That's just my opinion. This is not to say that there is not someone out there who finds that this setup suits their needs. Different strokes for different folks. This is neither my stroke, nor do I know any folks with such an eclectic vision who would find this beneficial or pleasing to the eye. This is just my opinion. <X

Did you just say there's a mod you're not gonna buy? :00008172:

• I looked at that a while back. @sideseatdriver and I talked about it, and we agree. That's not the vision of the ride. It's the same reason I always took the windshields off my motorcycles, it's the same reason I always wanted a suicide shifter on the bike, same reason my Silverado 2500 has a stick shift, and that's the reason I won't ever close in the sides of the Sling, wont ever put the 4th wheel on the back, and might not ever own a top. That's just not the vision of the ride for me. The Sling is meant to be open, in the wind, close to the road, lean and tight.

Just my $.02.

Can I say, yep, What he said, well minus the suicide shifter and Silverado 2500. I have a Ram Sport limited edition 1500 :D

• If that would make you happy and your not hurting anyone then go for it. But judging peoples mods is no different than the Harley guys judging ours.

We've got two Harleys in the same garage as our Slingshot. I have three friends that live within 30 miles of me with Slingshots also, and likewise they all have Harleys too. I have many friends that have a Harley or several, and none of them have bashed on the Slingshot. I guess what I'm saying is this, doesn't matter what you ride or like... there are jerks in every bunch. Last fall I was on my Road King, and gave the low wave to a guy in a Slingshot, and he appeared to low wave me back but only used one finger. Like I said... jerks (read and A-holes) in every bunch.

As for this mess, the only thing I could think that would be good about it, would be that I could ride later in the season and get it out earlier. I rode mine to the dealer Saturday morning to get my Corbin bags off to send in for warranty work, and it was only 40 degrees out. Did I mention the dealer is over 1 1/2 hours away? I would have removed them myself, but I bought them from the dealer when I got my Sling and they installed them. I didn't want to add a third party to the mix in case Corbin said something was damaged during install or removal.

• I can't say that I like it. I can kinda see the need for it if your in a region that is always cold though...

Until someone makes an air conditioner kit this would not be (in my opinion) a viable option. It's just to hot in the south...

I want an air conditioner so bad for my SS... There has to be room for the compressor where Dave has been mounting the superchargers. Then just reroute the output line from our turbos around the compressor.

The rest of the system could be done once the compressor is figured out.....

• I can't imagine where you would run the cold air vents to have any affect.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!