Twist Dynamics Gull Wing Top

• We purchased our Sling 2 months ago & ordered our top at the same time. We're located in south east Florida and put about 1200 miles in topless. For us a top was an absolute must as the Florida sun beats the snot out of you.

We installed the top a week ago and have 400 miles of drive time in. In my opinion the top was built really well & love the way it looks. The "t's" pop up easily for getting in and out as well as come off completely although we have not attempted to do that as of yet. The frame itself is solid and welded quite well. As far as the sun beating down on you and the accompanying heat issue, completely solved, mission accomplished! We have been caught in a couple light rain showers and the top definitely helps a bit with that as well.

We also have a wind restrictor on her so we had to change that to a front mount (no big deal). With our particular setup of the double bubble shields we have created a new issue. The wind now deflects right into the top/cockpit and the restrictor creating massive wind and turbulence (wearing a hat is not possible). So now it's time to buy a new full shield that sits a bit higher which is no big deal.

The wife and I are quite happy with it! I couldn't find much if any information on the Gull prior to purchase so if anyone has any questions feel free.

• When I first installed the Polaris double bubble windshields and took the maiden voyage, I had a huge surpride. I got up to cruising speed (over 60mph) and the cup of soda that was in the front cup holder was sucked up and out and turned into a projectile inside the Slingshot. I ended up wearing a good amount of diet coke and had a hell of a sticky mess to clean up (NO comments needed TRIPOD). I now only have bottled sodas and keep the cap on tight so it doesn't happen whe I run those windshields

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Thanks tripod, I'll take some more pics and attempt to post them, as you can see I seem to be having an issue with that...lol...

& GO CUBBIES!

Great looking SS @Port Saint Sling and that top rocks!
    Congrats on your new SS and your Cubbies, they deserve it and looking forward for this epic World Series to go 7 games with the last game to go extra innings!

• When I first installed the Polaris double bubble windshields and took the maiden voyage, I had a huge surpride. I got up to cruising speed (over 60mph) and the cup of soda that was in the front cup holder was sucked up and out and turned into a projectile inside the Slingshot. I ended up wearing a good amount of diet coke and had a hell of a sticky mess to clean up (NO comments needed TRIPOD). I now only have bottled sodas and keep the cap on tight so it doesn't happen whe I run those windshields

Funny stuff Fun, I can tell you that when we added the restrictor it did make a big difference before we added the top. I might have to rethink keeping my garage opener in the cup holder. I did make the bone headed move of throwing a 10 dollar bill in there the other day and I don't have to tell you what happened, talk about blowing cash on absolutely nothing!

• was out of commission the last couple weeks, managed to tear both rotater cuffs at one time (yep I'm talented)...let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to see. And yes I know the garage is a frickin mess, moved across the country with far to much crap....

Oh crap!!! No worries! Just heal & get better. Sorry to hear that... :( I was just looking for more pics of your Sling with your gull wing from additional angles other than just the frontal shots you originally provided. Looks like you provided them in spite of your pain! Thanks so much for doing that! Take care of yourself. Wanted pics as I'm seriously considering one of these tops...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Oh crap!!! No worries! Just heal & get better. Sorry to hear that... :( I was just looking for more pics of your Sling with your gull wing from additional angles other than just the frontal shots you originally provided. Looks like you provided them in spite of your pain! Thanks so much for doing that! Take care of yourself. Wanted pics as I'm seriously considering one of these tops...

No problem, couple codeine and all is welll...I understand, I was trying to find everything I could before I got it...

you might ask if it has any bad habits....... Love my Stinger, but it squeaks somewhat. Some of them rattle &/or whistle, from what I have been told- depends on the crosswinds, I guess.

No issues, this thing is solid, no rattle what so ever. I saw someone else complain about water dripping into the pit when it was raining, I haven't driven in the rain with it yet so can't comment on that other than it's not closed in so you are going to get wet..