Question on tire wear

• 4500 miles on the stock tires and the rear tire on the passenger side is definitely wearing more then the rest of the tire. I was wondering if any has come across the same issue? Something to worry about or normal?

• 4500 miles on the stock tires and the rear tire on the passenger side is definitely wearing more then the rest of the tire. I was wondering if any has come across the same issue? Something to worry about or normal?

Have you had the Slingshot 'laser aligned'???? I put 16,901 miles on my first set of tires....needed a back tire after 8 months (and had a cooked fuse box) so I traded for a 2016 in Sept 2015. Tires on the front of the 2015 still looked like new after 16,901 miles and the back could have gone a few more miles.

Laser alignment is a MUST...

• Shock mounts, lug nuts are tight but the pressure was low at 24 psi. Pushed hard on the sidewall with my foot to see if I could hear /see any if anything was loose. Bumped it up to 32 psi. What psi do you guys run. No turbo but I do have an issue with trying to keep my right foot off of the skinny peddle and I was trying to think if I spin the tire more when making left hand turns...

• Tire should not normally wear like that. Low air pressure would show more outside wear....but on both sides of the tire. I can't imagine you drove on the exact angle of the road crown for 4,500 miles to get that kind of wear on one side as well. (although, we all know how awesome our roads are!!) My money is on alignment issue, and/or something is off with the rear swing arm assembly. For some reason, the rear end is not tracking/square with the frame/front end.
    Hope your dealer gets to the bottom of it!!! Keep us informed......really interested in what the issue ends up being!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Tire should not normally wear like that. Low air pressure would show more outside wear....but on both sides of the tire. I can't imagine you drove on the exact angle of the road crown for 4,500 miles to get that kind of wear on one side as well. (although, we all know how awesome our roads are!!) My money is on alignment issue, and/or something is off with the rear swing arm assembly. For some reason, the rear end is not tracking/square with the frame/front end.
    Hope your dealer gets to the bottom of it!!! Keep us informed......really interested in what the issue ends up being!!

I was thinking frame misalignment , but didn't want to sound like an idiot, because, hey, that would never happen! Thanks, @roadog1aj.

@bubba, you might want to have someone take some very detailed and precise measurements. If your frame is misaligned , it might be easier to start over with a new machine.

• At this time I have 38,000 miles on the fronts, I will change out after the first of the year, to start the new season with new tires. Still a few thousand miles could be run on the fronts. As far as the rear I changed out at 16,000 miles, almost to the wear bar but did not want to take a chance on a trip in case of rain. I did keep it as a spare just in case. But for some reason there was a minor difference in the wear between the two sides of the tire. The passenger side has a little more wear on it than the drivers side. At the 16,000 miles I installed the BFG Comp and I did not get much mileage out of it even though it had good traction IMHO. Mileage is on here somewhere for the BFG. I am now running a General, great traction IMO. I will be installing the same tire on the front shortly. @j4henry is also running these same tires. By the way the SlingShot had the laser alighment at about 1,000 miles and it made one hell of a difference in the way it drove and handled.

• The cost of the laser alignment money well spent as a major saving on tires...
    38,000 on OEM tires is a number that you will hear a lot. The alignment should last thru several tire changes. I have 18,000 miles on Nitto 555 --- fronts show very little wear, back will get me thru the rest of the season (2,000+ miles) and
    will change back 1 Apr 2017

The best mod you can do ***laser Alignment***