Heated Riding Gear

• Leave it to Polaris or maybe the dealer. I had my heated clothing and Flosser horn wired directly to the battery. The horn stopped working the other day. So I thought, what is different? Well wife and l started to use our heated clothing first time this year and horn stopped working. Knowing I wired them independently I knew that should be OK. The Flosser comes with it's own 25amp fuse and the heated clothing comes with a 15amp fuse for each jacket. I decided to check the connections at the battery. The Polaris service person wired all these together and put a 15amp fuse between them and the battery. The fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse, problem fixed. Going to remove the 15amp add on and go back to direct wire to battery since acccessories are fused separately.

• I bought the neutrino but don’t have it installed yet...but I did hook up the jacket, pants gloves and soles...so I could deliver the SS to the dealer for repairs....

The gear works good but using the duel controller to run everything is a major pain in the butt...I bought a cigarette plug that was only rated for 8 amps. So I had to be very careful to not take the heat up too high...

The pants heated up pretty good at a low setting...seems like the jacket needed a little more volume to get hot.. it heated my back and the back of my arms...which was nice. Can’t tell if the pants. And jacket sucked the electric away from the gloves and soles...having everything wired separately is the way to go....just from what I went through.

The neutrino is good for 60 amps so that is going to be really sweet..no worry about how high you want things...

Another issue is ... I had to stand outside to put half the stuff on because I was working up a sweat without it hooked up. And keeping the wiring under control was the next issue...had to work around the seat belt, the shifter, the e brake handle. Can’t wait to figure out a good way to harness all them into a neat package...

• not a fan of using my cellphone to control things since it's usually zippered in my jacket pocket. and coming on and certain temperature usually doesn't match when I'm getting cold or not. what can be easier than using a dual heat troller right next to my gear shift?

• Well since summer is over it’s time to think heated riding gear again....I have my neutrino installed under the hood over top,of where the old pot belly stove used to be.

Now I have to find a good way to run the wiring up to that point....since I have 4 different heated items that I want to control individually, that means 4 individual hot and ground wires....the bundle is going to be pretty fat. I also want a cheap way to hook everything up in the cock pit....so I’m looking for ideas or suggestions on how to handle all this ...neatly.

I’ll have to hook up 4 different items into separate connections...every ride...the fat bundle will have to be there permanently.

Also what gauge wire would you run for each item...I’m going to be slicing into the harness that cane with each item.

• one thing I will never have to worry about is needing heated riding gear :D

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Been trying to come up with a clean solution to plugging in 4 different heated garments....I think I found a pretty good solution....I was thinking about 4 different cigarette plugs but then you have to mark the wires and make sure you plug the right wire into the right plug because they will be individually controlled by the neutrino.

This is my best idea so far...

One plug, no tangled wires, no worry about using the right plug in the right socket....and the wiring harness doesn’t have to be in the SS when not in use. Plus it will have extra wires just in case... I’ll use 4 hot leads and the ground...

The only tangle problem will be attaching the other end to the 4 different heated items...correctly. But it solves half the tangle problem.

• Or: long johns, gloves, wool socks and a jacket. You'll never plug them into the wrong place. It might just be me but I think you're overthinking this. What if you blow a fuse? You could die!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I want a clean install without having the harness in the way when it’s not being used....with 4 separate heated items the harness is still going to look like an octopus... I’m hoping the neutrino does its job without a catastrophic failure leading to frostbite or a popsicle death...

• I have warm&safe heated gear for the wife and I, jackets, gloves, pants. They all plug into each other. Only one wire each directly from battery with their own fuse routed via existing holes in body plastic. Don't even know the wiring is there until you want to use it. Good solution for us. Oh and they have wireless controllers.

• seems odd to me that anyone is thinking about heated riding gear in August :?:

• Summers almost over ...two more weeks....

It might be technically over and it might even get cold where you are, but here - - not so much

as you can see it really isnt even jacket weather at night until October - heck best riding weather here runs October through May and even when we at the coldest time of year a jacket will usually be all you need unless you head up to the mountains