Heated Riding Gear

• Not sure of wire size but knowing the cheapness of Polaris, I'm pretty sure it's a small gauge, not capable of handling a lot of power draw.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @FunCycle let me know what you figure out. I would love to get something to keep warm. Torn between heated seats or heated clothes. Leaning to heated clothes.

My thoughts are as follows....heated pad would be good for not real cold days...and I bought one for $5....but it only keeps the back of you warm....the wind is howling in from the front and sides.....there is nothing to heat up the front where you really need the heat. You want to stop the cold before it penetrates you to the core...

I’m looking at a complete set of heated pants, jacket liner, gloves and shoe soles...

Decided against the pants liner because my jeans are already too tight...liner would just make things worse...just call me hot pants...

• Bought 4 of these and I’m thinking of installing them in the outside arm rest..the black part...being black mounted in the black plastic should be almost invisible when not using them. Should be pretty easy to plug in the clothing using my right hand because they will be right beside my left shoulder.

https://www.thewarmingstore.co…ngs-mounted-port-kit.html

Making a wiring harness from the 4 wire feeds from the jacket, pants, gloves and soles...to run to the neutrino fuse box to run them individually. .feeding it from the battery with a big fat wire run up under the hood...

One thing I didn’t know until after I bought the heated pants vs pant liners....the heated pants has a removable heated pants liner...the pants are real nice FYI. As to are the gloves and soles ....the jacket liner didn’t come yet.

• @Bigdog I like those connectors you posted, going to have to look at them myself.

@wjfyfe the Neutrino will allow you to put both yours and the wife's jacket, pants and gloves ALL on different circuts thus allowing you control over each item of clothing. I have mine all setup and am using the Temp Plus option.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• @Bigdog I like those connectors you posted, going to have to look at them myself.

@wjfyfe the Neutrino will allow you to put both yours and the wife's jacket, pants and gloves ALL on different circuts thus allowing you control over each item of clothing. I have mine all setup and am using the Temp Plus option.

@Bubblehead you can find them cheaper on other sites They are discontinued so don’t wait I bought mine at revzilla for $15. I would call anyone before you order to make sure they actually have them and can put their hands and eyes on them.

• We bought the warm and safe heated jacket for my wife and I last year along with a wireless controller. I wired it directly to the battery and ran the wires along the seat so it's handy and easy to plug in. Used today on 107 Mile ride it was only 58 degreesout. They don't make you hot but they sure keep the chill off and we've used them last year in 35-degree weather and we're comfortable. We would like them to get a little hotter but maybe our battery is not putting out all the amps it should

• We bought the warm and safe heated jacket for my wife and I last year along with a wireless controller. I wired it directly to the battery and ran the wires along the seat so it's handy and easy to plug in. Used today on 107 Mile ride it was only 58 degreesout. They don't make you hot but they sure keep the chill off and we've used them last year in 35-degree weather and we're comfortable. We would like them to get a little hotter but maybe our battery is not putting out all the amps it should

What year is your Slingshot? Does it have the smaller battery?
    With our 2015, which has the bigger battery, the seat heaters and heated riding gear get real hot. On the 2016.5, with the smaller batter,y the gear and seats don't seem to heat near as well. We are in the middle of replacing the battery with an Optima at this time. I believe the battery can not keep up with the draw on the system from the heated gear. I ll update.

• 2015 sl 46k maybe batt getting tired or I expect it much heat

What 'brand' of heated gear did you get... A friend had some that they didn't feel did the job, tried mine and 'cooked' in a short period of time and ordered the Gerbing gear the next day.

I don't know about other gear, but the Gerbing gear is very good.

• as I was riding today I had my heat troller turned all the way clockwise and I was comfortable but not hot so I went on to the site for the heat troller for my warm and safe gear and found out that the troller works like a dimmer switch. so when you turn it on it is on hi and the more you turn it clockwise it lowers the voltage.Duh I guess I have to try it the next time.

• I don't think the switches then I think I'm getting. Dimmer switches when they turn them to the right they produce more power. At least I am using my heated closing correctly. Riding around today in 60 degree weather heated gear on high and not roasting me out of the cockpit. I have had my SL worked on for electrical issues with the J case so I guess I'll go back and see if they messed something up with the wiring.