Tail Lights / Brake Lights

• Looking to add some LEDs to the rear of the bike... want to run a strip for turn signals/amber, brake lights/red & reverse/white on each side on the back underside, but not sure how to get to the tail light assembly.... what panels need to be removed?

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• You can access the vertical tail light by removing the screw at the top of the light. The horizontal tail lights require the removal of the top panel and the the two side rear panels. Depending on what you're doing, you might be able to loosen the screws holding the top panel and access the wiring by gently lifting the panel.

• Here is a picture of the driver's side connector to the taillight:

Don't mind the waterproof relay. That's for the air suspension. But, you can see that the removal of the top section of the rear end is necessary to access the wiring. That involves the removal of the roll hoops, textured plastic portions behind/below the roll hoops, and the painted side wing panels as they are bolted to the top section of the rear end. It sounds like a lot, but it can be done in about 30 minutes. One thing to note is the reverse lights use a negative trigger and not a 12V+. So, get some relays for your installation.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I added some LED strips to the back on my SS. On the same switch as my eyebrow LEDs above the headlights. Could easily add more and tap into the brake light circuit. They really make the back end very visible.

• Sorry. Can’t help you with that plan. I have amber strips beside the red. Ambers work with signals. Red is on as a switched running light. I have the fin’s brake light on a programmable controller.