AMTRAK AUTO TRAIN RESTRICTION UPDATE

• For Slingshot Owners who regularly use AMTRAK Auto Train, I just got this from the AMTRAK website. This was my backup plan, if the trailer deal fell through.

Auto Train Temporarily Suspends Acceptance of Can-Am, Rewaco and Slingshot Three-Wheelers

Effective November 1, 2016

Auto Train offers Amtrak customers the convenience of carrying cars, SUVs, motorcycles and other vehicles between the Lorton, VA, and Sanford, FL.
    Effective November 1, 2016, "Trike" motorcycles (with two wheels in the back and one in the front) will be the only type of three-wheeler accepted aboard Auto Train.
    We will temporarily discontinue accepting Can-Am, Rewaco, Slingshot and similar vehicles on Auto Train. Due to the unique design, these vehicles cannot be readily accommodated in our vehicle carriers. We are working with the carrier manufacturer to find a solution that will allow us to resume transporting these three-wheelers.
    We appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience. For reservation and information visit Amtrak.com, use our free mobile apps, speak with station personnel or call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
    Thank you for traveling with Amtrak.
    PSN 1016-02

They are too big for the Motorcycle transport sleds ....

And the center section of the automobile carrier car ramps is not designed to be direct weight bearing ...

At least that is what we where told ...... no answer when asked about the just as large, heavy, Boss Hoss Trikes ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Really? Why can't we just pull in backwards? Pffft. Irritated by this. I had trips planned.

FROM THEIR WEBSITE:
    Standard factory-model two-wheel motorcycles. Maximum length: 102 inches from front to rear tire edges. Maximum tire wheelbase: 51 inches. Maximum height: 72 inches to top of handlebars/windshield. Ground clearance: at least 5 inches. Tire maximum: 7 inches wide, 2 1/2 inches deep. Check-in is required by 2:00 pm.

• I hope they come up with a solution before next spring .... dang this sucks!!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• You mean up until now I could have put my sling on an AMTRAK and sent it to @Painter for some cool bling and paint?!?! WTF!?!? Ingenious.....well until now!

Nope.The Amtrak only runs along the East coast. You could have shipped it from Florida to Washington DC to watch the horror show they call Inauguration Day, but not anymore.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Shipping a Slingshot on a train is WORSE than buying a Harley to pull around on a trailer.
    :00007991::00007991::00007991::00007983::00007983::00007983::00007505::00007505::00007505:

Yeah maybe so @AllIn5450 but ...

I'd rather admit to haulin' our chit in a trailer than for all you guys to read on the forum how Kim and I were mauled to death by our trained killer attack chihuahuas for trying to leave them at home.

Not to mention they're kinda fun to party with once we get there ! :00000436::00008172::00008356::00008356: