Murphy , NC Ride November 11th and 12th Not Just a Guy Trip

• I cannot take Friday off, but I am trying to get a trailer and I will leave work early and drive ( trailer ) down. But I will be ready on Saturday morning. Not giving up on getting off on Friday. Do not think I could talk Joan into a 9 hour SS ride in November at night. I will bring a big cooler of cold ones.

• Plan solidified. We're in.

@MACAWS, is your better half coming? @allison, we want to meet you too! @sideseatdriver needs more ladies there, she can't be the only one there surrounded by a bunch of dudes!

Wait, that didn't come out right..... :00008862::00008356:

As of today yes she is. She has a big scheduling meeting next week at work and will confirm she can get Thursday off. I will reconfirm after her meeting. But she really wants to come. She will bring coloring books for both of you since you are leaving the kids with relatives.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• There's one place just a couple miles outside town that has 4 br, 7 beds, and 2600 sq ft. Tons of amenities, more than we need, but perfect if some folks want to get in on a luxurious accommodation with laundry, a kitchen, all the comforts of home, hot tub, great views, outside fireplace, etc. Anyone interested in sharing some space & rent? PM me.

We did pick up the chalet. Anyone need a place to crash?

• I cannot take Friday off, but I am trying to get a trailer and I will leave work early and drive ( trailer ) down. But I will be ready on Saturday morning. Not giving up on getting off on Friday. Do not think I could talk Joan into a 9 hour SS ride in November at night. I will bring a big cooler of cold ones.

I'm still working logistics, but I think we're going to end up with Heather driving a car with the kids, and I'll drive the Sling separately. I haven't had time to look into putting a tow package on her Traverse, and I'm not sure I want to drive my crewcab Silverado, at 169k miles and 13 mpg. Plus, biggest problem, we don't have a trailer yet for the Sling. So, I think it'll be a rental car for the kids and the crap, and me sporting some long johns for a few hours in the breeze.

• Still have not found a trailer for the Murphy, N.C trip, but I am ordering a SLING THING trailer tomorrow. Will not be ready for 7 weeks, and will have to make a trip to Florida to pick it up when finished. Spoke to the owner of Sling Trailers today. Really great guy. Emailed me the choices of trailers both open and closed, and a list of options. They customer build every trailer for the purchaser. One good thing is that I will have the trailer for the Maggie Valley trip June 8,9,& 10 next year, and any other trips in between.

• @MACAWS, did you get any response from @ethermion, @DocG, or the rest of the wrecking crew?

Not a word
    I am going to start poking them with a stick shortly
    I did speak with Sling Cat today - his mom is having some issues but he said if she is ok that week they will come. Also spoke with Designer he will get back to me on the date.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• trying to get past my busy time of the year at work... (why I haven't been active here lately)....
    May be able to do Saturday as a day trip...

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• trying to get past my busy time of the year at work... (why I haven't been active here lately)....
    May be able to do Saturday as a day trip...

I will just take that as a definite yes and roll with it. I am writing your name in pen so I can't erase it!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I will just take that as a definite yes and roll with it. I am writing your name in pen so I can't erase it!

get back from a week in Vegas the weekend before (SEMA) and have to squeeze in something for my wife's birthday (7th).... going to be a tough one to pull off. Best do it in pencil.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• get back from a week in Vegas the weekend before (SEMA) and have to squeeze in something for my wife's birthday (7th).... going to be a tough one to pull off. Best do it in pencil.

What could be better than a romantic weekend in the mountains!
    Its a Holiday inn Express - we are going all out here, come on we will buy her a cake and sing!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You guys roll safe. lf you want to win you have to cheat...some of you will have to request handicap against @MACAWS new beast.....will try to make it next year and meet as may members as I can.
    Live long...prosper and ride safe!

Heather and I were just talking about that last night. I suspect we're going to have two travel groups, the turbo crowd, and the stock Slings. I know we're not going to be able to keep up with those crazies!

• Hey Brother @MACAWS, at this time of year who knows how cool it will be?? On top of that, it's an 8+ hour drive... I'm going to have to sit this one out. I know better than to ask my wife questions I already know the answers to!

You kids have fun and BE SAFE!

• No we all ride together!

She'll be happy to know that. If I was alone, I'd probably push those stock tires pretty hard...but a man's gotta know his limitations (especially with the missus riding shotgun!). Although, I do need one of you turbo guys to take her for a quick spin and blow her hair back.

• Hey Brother @MACAWS, at this time of year who knows how cool it will be?? On top of that, it's an 8+ hour drive... I'm going to have to sit this one out. I know better than to ask my wife questions I already know the answers to!

You kids have fun and BE SAFE!

Will miss you brother - what say we try and do something closer like Peaks of Otter or anything where we can meet half way?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!