SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016 (Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016)

Date

SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016

Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016

Maggie Valley, NC, USA

Participants

19 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: May 30th 2016, 7:00 pm
  • I had a fun filled adventure. I drove out to Indianapolis Indiana first on May 26th @9:25pm which was a 15 hours straight ride, it was brutal, 5 Redbulls a SlimJim and a granola bar. As some of you know as I crossed through Pennsylvania I was driving around 80Mph at around 3am in the morning the Heavens rained down upon me. My phone was wet and it limped on for another couple hours, the battery was running out and when I plugged it back in smoke bellowed from the connector. Luckily I was on Rte 70 and had 200miles to go till I reached Indy. I met some friends I have not met in 11 years and two I have not met in 3 years. I was fortunate enough to meet up with @SlingRider who was heading down to meet @Painter and rendezvous with @DKF Texas It was nice to hang out and be able to drive down with them. @Painter the things I was fortunate to see what you do for people put a smile on my face. The artwork you did for @DKF Texas was thoughtful and impressive.

My time in Maggie Valley was amazing. *EDIT* I also want to give a shout out to @EjFord for being a perfect roommate! I would come back and he would be sleeping and when I woke up he would be gone, hmmm is that what Married guys strive for? lol Thanks again @EjFord for sharing the expenses it was a pleasure meeting you. I pushed my Slingshot to the limits and questioned my sanity haha.. I thank @rabtech for pacing me through the Dragon. He asked me if I wanted to lead and I wasn't comfortable at that point to be up front with no limitations. Rab drives at my pace and it was intense best ride of my life! Crazy thing was my tire getting sucked off the edge of the road when I wasn't even driving fast! Thank you to @Noel Hughes for hooking me up after I ripped off my LED strip I just put on! Close second was having the pleasure of driving with @Cameron Roberts and @Shack I was able to weasel my way though the pack till I was up front with them. The Rattler proved to be another great ride to tame!

@StickerDick Thank you for planning a fun ride and adding in the Zipline.. it was my first time doing that and will stay with me for years to come!

Thank you to everyone I had the pleasure to meet and become friends and for all your hospitality. For the ones I did not get to meet you must have been hiding from me! lol I wish I had more time to spend with some of you, there was so much going on and I was flying by the seat of my pants everyday. I am looking forward to next year if I can make it God willing.

I packed up Sunday morning to see most of you had all left and the Maggie Valley adventure had come to a close. I threw my rain gear on and drove on to my next stop Birmingham Alabama!... I was lucky enough to meet up with @thesabrerattler and his better half Sharon Jackson in Alabama and enjoyed good conversation with dinner and drinks, thanks again for treating me!

I then met up with a friend I had not seen in 8 years crashed there and hung out for 3 days, then headed out to Georgia and met up with a friend I had not met in 11 years and crashed for a day at his place. Made my way back up into North Carolina where I met with my friend I had not seen in over 20 years, only stayed for a few hours as I had to get up to West Virginia where I have not seen some family for around 30 years. Yes it is pretty crazy to see how fast time flys and life just passes you by. I was fortunate enough to have planned all of this out around my SSITS trip and take things one day at a time. It would have been nice to have a significant other to do all this with and hopefully next year I will have met someone who will be my partner in crime.

Thank you all again for the fun,the memories and the friendships I hope will stay and grow as the years pass by!

Anyone going to Upstate New York for the next event???????

• @'BlackDeath.Thank you for coming all the way and attending Slingshoys in the Smokies.Your journey was indeed exciting.It was a pleasure meeting you and am pleased to read you enjoyed your trip so much.Hopefully you will attend next years event.We have taken the entire fairgrounds for this.
    There are plans to add some more fun things to do at the event.
    If you do decide to com to Slingshots in the Adirondacks in Sept you will be more than welcome.The event is filling up nicely.

• If you intend joining us for SSITS and intend joining us free Event tee shirts for the event will only be available until 4 May.After that you may still register but teeshirts will not be included.
    Thanks to Stickerdick who did the design for me again as he did for the Texas event and all our events last year.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone again at this the 3rd SSITS the first in the Fairgrounds.
    Slingshotroadsters has a team of 6 to rum this years SSITS.
    We will do our best to make this the best one yet.

• Just a quick note - there were some reports on idiots laying down oil in some of the turns on the dragon.
    Got a message from someone who was just up that way. Have not had a chance to verify but ya'all be careful

Well..... That's just plain stupid.... I would suggest bringing a shovel to help with burying the S.O.B.'s in the woods if we catch who is doing that!

• Well..... That's just plain stupid.... I would suggest bringing a shovel to help with burying the S.O.B.'s in the woods if we catch who is doing that!

Are we sure it wasn't the Harleys leaking oil every time they were leaned over. :D

• Just a quick note - there were some reports on idiots laying down oil in some of the turns on the dragon.
    Got a message from someone who was just up that way. Have not had a chance to verify but ya'all be careful

I have seen this reported on a couple of the motorcycle forums as well its been going on for a while now. I was there a couple years ago and somebody was dropping balloons full of oil on the center line on the turns.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• And I understand the locals as well as the regulars frustration with the "newbies" crossing the lines or over driving their abilities, but to intentially try and cause somebiody to get hurt is just stupid! I'll work on my "challenge", and make it to where it will be as safe as possible and still be fun. But I know there is plenty of us Gearhead slingers "claiming how fast we are on the tail, I just want to see somebody prove it!

• @StickerDick I would require the video evidence so you can check the "over the line" requirement. that would help ensure the safety.

I will not be partaking in the challenge as I puke when I go fast on the turns.. I am too old.. Will leave this for the younger guys; @WOLF, @TheRock on and @FunCycle

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @StickerDick I would require the video evidence so you can check the "over the line" requirement. that would help ensure the safety.

I will not be partaking in the challenge as I puke when I go fast on the turns.. I am too old.. Will leave this for the younger guys; @WOLF, @TheRock on and @FunCycle

@FunCycle ain't no spring chicken but my money is on nobody passin him....I think he is the first one ever to use the phrase "NO FEAR" :thumbsup::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it