100 years ago yesterday

• This lady was born! I was contacted by someone from Arbor Trace nursing home, asking if I would be willing to give the birthday girl a ride in my SS. Can't say no to that! She was sharp as a tack, and still was able to walk pretty well with a walker to help her balance. In all, I drove 1 hour from the time I left work to get here, and gave 9 people rides! 7 of them were 84 or older, including a husband and wife that are both 99! That couple both had ridden in a 2016 Vette 2 weeks ago, when there was a Vette show at Arbor Trace. Her husband asked her, "Which did you like better, the Vette or this to ride in?" She thought about it for a short pause, then said she liked the SS best and thought they might need to get one! It was just a great day. I love the way people's faces light up when going for their first ride....

• Very nice Sir! I gave my Mother-in-law a ride the other day when I was testing the wastegate signal hose I rerouted. She went inside as soon as we got home and my wife came out and asked me what I did to her Mom. I told her nothing, just drove it a bit hard to make sure I didn't get too much boost. Why do you ask? She said her Mom came in and said I needed a lot more life insurance and walked away.

• Both of the mother in law posts got me cracking up! The 99 year old man that I took a ride said to me, "I bet you are single aren't you?" I told him, no, been married nearly 38 years... and she approves of the SS. He asked me if it ran hard and I told him it did OK! "Well put that right foot down and let me see!" were the next words out of his mouth! I had been taking it easy, I mean these people were actually living in the nursing home and I didn't want to hurt them or even scare them. I didn't need another invite from him though, and it was wonderful to see the biggest smile while we rolled thru the first 3 gears! I tell you all, if you ever have the chance to do something like this... just do it!

• Just awesome!

I took a lady around the corner from me out for her 80th birthday for a spin and she told me to drive it like we stole it so I did. When we came back to the gathering in her driveway she let it be know I did things to her that no other man has done for her for yrs. Her husband looked at me and gave a thumbs up and a chuck. Amazing what a little bit of a ride can do to brighten up someone's day