Lap of America

• Yes, my first name is Jonathan!
    When you say weekend of the 20th you mean June 20th?

We've done a couple of the bert's rides. Wasnt too impressed with the second ride but I heard the last was good, going back to the roots and up the mountain.

Keep me posted and hope to see you when your here!!

I'm the other Jonathan... :)

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• Green light for Slingshot Booze and Blues. Thank you my fine young friends. Just another Zig back east from the St. Jude Hospital weather permitting to finally be able to hang out with some good three wheeled people. Just goes to show that some of the best things in life are worth waiting for :00009448:

Cold one waiting for you!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Mr. Thompson!!!

Just a note that may make you smile but if you tug a little more on the back of the boot the fold in it(back of handle) will pop into a recess in the handle and look even cleaner than it does now. :00000156:
    I hope you like it Young man. I am honored to be in such good company as you and many more!
    Thank you again.
    Mark

Thanks Mark... I'll finess it some more. It looks amazing. And for @Tripod... I'll tug it real good. Hahaha

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• While I am on the subject of epic stuff I would like to extend my invitation to any fellow tricycle owners to drive the Coronado trail with me when I leave Carlsbad Caverns and head into AZ.
    I have driven it many times in the past and its still a motorcycle favorite. Technical drive and a must for paying attention but scenic enough to stop along the 118miles and take a few snap shots :00008040:

I am estimating an arrival time or departure from the Caverns around the 17th to 18th of August.
    For some of you pondering the road and what its all about I include the following :00005129:
    The Coronado Trail

The way the road is described is by starting at Clifton, AZ and ending in Eagar, AZ. Of course you can reverse the direction if you like. Just look for Clifton and Eagar on the New Mexico/Arizona border which are about 200 miles east of Phoenix, AZ and take AZ Road 191.
    Scenery
    This road brings you to a whole new world in Arizona. Its located in the central eastern part of Arizona and parallels the New Mexico border. To find it on the map, just look for the towns of Eagar (home of the largest stand of pine trees in the US) and Clifton along the Arizona/New Mexico border. The towns are connected by Arizona road 191. You'll start out in a desert environment and end up passing through an Alpine paradise. It is LOADED with twists and turns and even though its in a remote section of Arizona, its well worth the trip. The road starts out in a desert setting near Clifton, AZ ... an old copper mining town. From there heading north and up in elevation, you can stop at a scenic overlook that will give you a look at the world's largest open-pit copper mines. The road will then take you through a canyon as the road hugs some cliffs and continues to dramatically climb (BE CAREFUL). What makes this road so amazing is the big change in scenery you'll see between the start and the finish. The diversity of landscape is due to the change in elevation you'll cover - a 5,000 feet difference from start to finish. You'll start out seeing some nice desert landscapes and then move on into some interesting canyons. You'll see the world's largest open pit copper mine and pass by one of the highest peaks in AZ - Escudilla Mountain (10,800 ft). You'll also see huge pine and aspen forests and some tranquil little meadows as you pass next to the White Mountains and through the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest. "This was taken at Hannagan Meadow."

The ride starts at 7500 feet elevation and drops to the 2500 foot level(Reverse path of travel). The drive is full of wildlife, hairpin turns, shear cliffs, dramatic views and finishes with a drive through an open pit copper mine. There is so much metal in the earth the mountains are alive with rust colors making the scenic views some of the best blending White clouds, Blue skies, and the green pines. There are no services between the two cities so fill up in Alpine. Traveling south gives the best views as you are looking out over the Valley. Expect to be traveling for nearly 4 hours without stops as there are nearly 1200 hairpin turns of no more the 15 MPH on this incredible drive.
    Road Quality
    A true 5-star road for motorcycles. They say there are 427 curves on AZ Road 191 between Clifton and Alpine. The road also has some breathtaking ascents along the way that will keep your engine revving. The most dramatic elevation changes are near the town of Morenci, AZ. In fact, the speed of traffic will slow down to just 10 MPH at certain points!

Hairpin turns, no shoulders and occasional dirt washed across roads from any recent storms that may have passed through.
    Roadside Amenities
    There is a lot of camping and hiking trails along the way. You can also take a half mile hike to the Rose Peak watch tower and get a great view of the surrounding landscape. There are many pullouts and look out points that you'll want to have a camera ready for. DON'T MISS the Mogollon Rim.

Pine is a small town with a view small restaurants and you will pass through Hannigan Meadows that is a great picnic spot. The town of Morenci has a strong Hispanic flavor and has many wonderful restaurants from this ethnicity. It is also Copper mining town and arrangements can be made for a tour of the mine. There is not much along the way except tremendous views of BIG COUNTRY.
    This is not a ride for a beginner and do not allow the scenery to take your eyes off the road. Make many stops along the way to take pictures and to take in the sights.
    Fill your tank first :00000156:

• Got my E-Brake handle today!!!! Thanks @gpcustoms!!! The wife was blown away by the workmanship!! We work with aluminum parts (mostly), and the wife is my Quality Manager (among other duties.....), and she really liked your work, and the black cover with red stitching. Now that it's "wife approved", I just have to do the install. I've got to go look for some old posts and see how to do the install.
    Thanks and hope you're feeling better Brother!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Got my E-Brake handle today!!!! Thanks @gpcustoms!!! The wife was blown away by the workmanship!! We work with aluminum parts (mostly), and the wife is my Quality Manager (among other duties.....), and she really liked your work, and the black cover with red stitching. Now that it's "wife approved", I just have to do the install. I've got to go look for some old posts and see how to do the install.

Extremely interested in "other duties" - PM sent... :D:evil:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

In stall is simple. Twist and pull and twist and pull and twist and pul and twist,..Well you get the idea(Involves sweat and curse words as well as veins popping out all over).
    When the old handle is off all you have to do is slip on the new assembly, tighten the set screws(blue locktite on threads already) and then tuck the boot into the drive shaft well carefully until you remove all folds and whala,..or Tadadadadadaaaa!

• In stall is simple. Twist and pull and twist and pull and twist and pul and twist,..Well you get the idea(Involves sweat and curse words as well as veins popping out all over).When the old handle is off all you have to do is slip on the new assembly, tighten the set screws(blue locktite on threads already) and then tuck the boot into the drive shaft well carefully until you remove all folds and whala,..or Tadadadadadaaaa!

Oh...OK....good to know. THANKS!!! I am an old "hand" at the twist & pull technique :00000019::00000019:
    I might get a chance to do the deed tomorrow. When I get it installed I'll post some pics to go with @Jonathan Thompson's great pics :00007555::00007555:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Going to have to hold on any more brake kits until this Friday due to a health hurdle but will get back and post availability soon as I can. :00010164:
    In the mean time I would like to say thank you to all of you great guys and gals who have privately helped to raise over $4000 for St. Jude Research Hospital so far. Im honored by your actions every time I get a notification from the Hospital :00009320:
    Thank you gang!!
    Mark

• No one ever wants to hear the word Lymphoma and Im no exception. So without any further commercial interruptions I am going to hold off the brake kits and concentrate on the plan of attack :00008862:
    Now there is still some work for you to do in the meantime. I would like you guys to drive up the donations,...guilt your friends and family. Blackmail the neighbor or local business man and give me a hand for at least the next week while we get the Stage and course of action in place.
    Now for my guilt trip on you guys!!! just remember the kids and what this idea is about. I can tell you personally its more important to me than ever before :00009068:
    I still intend to complete this drive both economically and physically so with just a tad better luck I am still hoping to drive out in August(or when I am allowed) and scare small children and dogs with a better looking and sexy version of Telly Savalas