Boost controller

• Just installed innovates scg-1 boost controller/air gauge I know a few guys are running or will be running the same game gauge . Wondering where you guys are mounting the map sensor and boost solenoid looking for ideas . Even if you have similar setup different brand ?

• Just installed innovates scg-1 boost controller/air gauge I know a few guys are running or will be running the same game gauge . Wondering where you guys are mounting the map sensor and boost solenoid looking for ideas . Even if you have similar setup different brand ?

Ok. I have to look this gauge up. I am wondering if you have to use the sensor. It seems like you would want it to reference the same sensor that is on the manifold. .

I meant to give you a call yesterday but I have had so many things going on that I haven't had a chance.

• Boost solenoid is going to need to be as close to the wastegate as possible (but not dangerously close to heat)

This is what I'm using and DDM is installing for me this week.

I can't remember who was asking me about boost level and just changing the head studs. I would not go over 9 or 10 psi with just ARP head bolts... that is my opinion. But yall can do whatever your comfortable doing...

Just remember there have been a few that came apart at 10psi running ARP head bolts. If I had a 5 psi (what alpha has out of the box) I would shoot for 8.5 to 9 psi. I think that would be a tremendous bump in boost.

It takes less than a second to turn you fun Slingshot into a non mobile lawn ornament. So just bump the boost a couple psi and I bet you will be pleased...

• One note on solenoid placement, those things usually don't like high heat, so I would say amx 200F, so yes it needs to be close to the wastegate, but you better have a bit more tube and a uncooked solenoid.

I placed my 4 port solenoid on the deck where the glove box is, I will take a pic when I get home.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• Thanks for that @rabtech, ya I'm staying comfortable at 9lbs . Recently blew up a ,motor so not looking to do that again. I need to just get a forged one in there already it will get done on my off season . Terrible to know the driving season is coming to a close for us up in the new England area. So now it's time to go play with these settings for the school-1 had to read the instructions a few times but I get how it all works now.just a little simple math

• @Dave@DDMWorks just a quick question in that first picture I see you guys using the number 2 and number 3 ports. Are those the pors you would use for a super charger? I know that's the setup you would use for an internal wastegate . Wondering because I wanna make sure mine is definitely hooked up right followed all instructions just wanna. Triple check

• @Dave@DDMWorks just a quick question in that first picture I see you guys using the number 2 and number 3 ports. Are those the pors you would use for a super charger? I know that's the setup you would use for an internal wastegate . Wondering because I wanna make sure mine is definitely hooked up right followed all instructions just wanna. Triple check

Superchargers do not use a boost controller since the boost is controlled by the pulley ratios and can not overboost, unless there is a severe exhaust restriction,etc.

The different ports are used depending on if you are using an external wastegate or an internal wastegate since they are controlled differently. The top picture is how our Slingshot is plumbed for the turbo kit we are testing with an internal wastegate and the bottom picture is how the HAHN kit needs to be plumbed with its external wastegate, same with the Alpha kit.

• I have the Hahn system with the line running from the turbo to the wastegate (should be 6-7 psi) just installed ARP head studs and was thinking of using the green spring which Precision says should get me 9.4 PSI. Would that be okay or would you recommend rerouting the line from the wastegate to the intake manifold? I believe the Hahn instructions say that would give me 8-9 PSI. Which is faster reacting and has less creep?

• Yes. Reroute the line and close off the turbo port. Don't put in the green spring.

It's much better and the tune was built around that vacuum routing. The other way it just doesn't act correct during shifts at higher RPM.

Thanks for the quick response. You're a life saver, or should I say, engine saver?

• Only line you wanna run to that intake manifold is the blow offf or another line off your intake to a afr gauge. Your booost or wastgate line which ever you prefer to use should run from turbo to wastegate just changing your spring alone will be fine but I wouldn't suggest a green spring not to safe with the boost creep u could see probably up into the 11s for boost which I've heard is ur looking for a problem when going that high without a forged motor .safer way would be a red and natural spring which gives u almost 7psi with a creep to 8 maybe mid 8

• Only line you wanna run to that intake manifold is the blow offf or another line off your intake to a afr gauge. Your booost or wastgate line which ever you prefer to use should run from turbo to wastegate just changing your spring alone will be fine but I wouldn't suggest a green spring not to safe with the boost creep u could see probably up into the 11s for boost which I've heard is ur looking for a problem when going that high without a forged motor .safer way would be a red and natural spring which gives u almost 7psi with a creep to 8 maybe mid 8

Thanks. Red and natural is what I have been using. Upgraded the head studs and was looking to up the boost a little too and still have a daily driver I can beat a little too.