I have a whining noise in the right angle drive​ (rear end).

• Interesting. Good to know. :thumbup:

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• I notice on this thread that everyone says fill it up till it runs out but somewhere (can't remember exactly where I read it) that they recommended filling the drive up while the drivers side was jacked up to get about 1.5 qts in the unit. Is this not recommended anymore? time to do mine so will wait till I know for sure.

• I notice on this thread that everyone says fill it up till it runs out but somewhere (can't remember exactly where I read it) that they recommended filling the drive up while the drivers side was jacked up to get about 1.5 qts in the unit. Is this not recommended anymore? time to do mine so will wait till I know for sure.

I think it only holds 700 ml, about 3/4 of a quart, IIRC. At least per the manual. There is a sticky on the topic in the DIY section.

Sticky Angle Drive fill

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• I think it only holds 700 ml, about 3/4 of a quart, IIRC. At least per the manual. There is a sticky on the topic in the DIY section.
    Sticky Angle Drive fill

Thanks, read the sticky and everything I could about changing the right angle drive fluid. Just thought I read where you jack the left side up so you could get more fluid in because it did not splash the oil up on the bearings very well. Dam I hate loosing my memory. pretty soon I will have to use the take me home feature on the GPS to get back.

• I would be careful with putting more than recommended you don't want to cause it to explode because too much fluid and then get stuck with the bill of replacing it.

While i am surprised more of them have not failed with all the power some of the boosted are putting down, that doesn't mean I would call them reliable or sturdy.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Mine had a pretty loud whine for first 6-7k miles but went quiet after that. I have beaten the heck out of it for another 9k plus miles and still going great.....well I am sure that just jinxed it!!!!! :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Two part question on u joint greasing.?

Someone said they found the needle for. 99 at harbor freight... Got the hand pump style grease gun there but they didn't have any needle for the gun. Did I read that wrong? Which needle should I buy to screw onto end on grease gun hose ?

2nd what's the best grease to buy for the u joint.?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Lincoln Lubrication G901 is the needle adapter I use. Available like everywhere...

For grease, I use Royal Purple

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• So get the needle at like Walmart? Or more like pep boys or advanced auto?

Any auto parts store should carry these. I just did a quick Google search & both O’Reillys & Auto Zone carry them at my local stores - approx. $10.00 but it’s a quality product & fits our u-joint grease zircs perfectly.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I bought the needle at HF for 99 and also bought their gun, you need both. it comes with grease tube don't know if it is the best or worse but since i had it on hand might as well and use it.

once that grease runs out i will switch to the RP

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I bought the needle at HF for 99 and also bought their gun, you need both. it comes with grease tube don't know if it is the best or worse but since i had it on hand might as well and use it.

once that grease runs out i will switch to the RP

Asked and looked and couldn't find the needle at harbor freight is it listed on their website

• That is the one, just put about a 6 inch pipe nipple on the grease gun with the needle and you are in business.

• The 901 I got from Amazon has a male zerk on the end of it, so it fit with a little swivel directly into the barrel of the pistol grip grease gun. NO extra 6" nipple needed for me, but YMMV depending on your setup.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.