I have a whining noise in the right angle drive​ (rear end).

• Got both bearings changed Monday and the needle bearings were very dry. 17K on them. The outer bearing wasn't too bad. Whining is gone! Was getting worse quickly but only under load. Mechanic was very good and fast. Did the whole thing in about 30 min. Of course it then had to sit 24 hrs for the locktite to set. Mine is the 3rd set he has had to replace. Hopefully Polaris will find a way for us to lube these. Considering the extended warranty since mine runs out in Dec.

• Just got back from having my sling serviced at the dealer. I used their demo.sling with 2000 miles on it to make a coffee and Bagle run for the guys in the shop. Couldn't believe how much quite right the whine was compared to mine. I did notice that the belt on the rear sprocket seemed more centered. Perhaps that was the reason? Thoughts?

• Im guessing you didn't have the new loctite before? Next time will take a lot longer to get the loctite to break free

they put on locktite once at about 5k when the single large nut loosened. Didn't hold. Replaced the single with double nuts at about 6k. Was all good till just over 15k then whine started and got progressively worse very fast.

• Just got back from having my sling serviced at the dealer. I used their demo.sling with 2000 miles on it to make a coffee and Bagle run for the guys in the shop. Couldn't believe how much quite right the whine was compared to mine. I did notice that the belt on the rear sprocket seemed more centered. Perhaps that was the reason? Thoughts?

don't know if you have changed the diff fluid to Royal Purple yet but I did that first (15k) and the rear end was dramatically quieter. Whine was still there and got worse fast. Seems it was the dried up needle bearings on the axle. All quiet now.

• don't know if you have changed the diff fluid to Royal Purple yet but I did that first (15k) and the rear end was dramatically quieter. Whine was still there and got worse fast. Seems it was the dried up needle bearings on the axle. All quiet now.

Changed to Mobile1 at 500 miles and helped, but getting louder. Haven't tried the Royal Purple yet.

• How much oil does the angle drive need to be full of doing a fluid change?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

About 20 oz.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• I use Redline Heavy Shockproof oil. One quart is plenty and you will have left over.
    It’s a 75w90 oil. But it has throw off and film thickness similar to a 75w250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I use Redline Heavy Shockproof oil. One quart is plenty and you will have left over.
    It’s a 75w90 oil. But it has throw off and film thickness similar to a 75w250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Wingshot

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Be careful not to overfill. Maintain fluid level at the bottom edge of fill hole. Capacity should be 23.7 oz. (700 mil). Also what dangerdarrell said.... Royal Purple.

Can you really overfill it when it runs out of the fill hole when it’s completely full

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

• When it just starts to run out of the inlet it is full. However, put it in slowly and wait long enough to make sure it isn't just "splashing" off the gears and giving the illusion its full.

Looks like we have the same ride. thanks dangerous.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

• They sell a $10 hand pump that screws on the bottle and it you can tilt bottle and it still pumps good. I don't think the oil will reduce sound levels much but might help a little. I used to use Royal Purple because they sold it locally but the Redline oil does a much better job sticking to the gears in all the tests ive read. its a slow process getting the oil in and once it wont take anymore and it runs back out put the plug in, I don't see how you can over fill it with a side fill.

• Be careful not to overfill. Maintain fluid level at the bottom edge of fill hole. Capacity should be 23.7 oz. (700 mil). Also what dangerdarrell said.... Royal Purple.

Thanks, Frank! I was just thinking my 20oz estimate was a bit low and that it might be 24oz. My bad.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• They sell a $10 hand pump that screws on the bottle and it you can tilt bottle and it still pumps good. I don't think the oil will reduce sound levels much but might help a little. I used to use Royal Purple because they sold it locally but the Redline oil does a much better job sticking to the gears in all the tests ive read. its a slow process getting the oil in and once it wont take anymore and it runs back out put the plug in, I don't see how you can over fill it with a side fill.

The hand pump is a pain. Garden sprayer works much better. I cut off the sprayer tip (toss it out), and a bit of the wand tube and added the compression elbow. Its a bit slow to fill, but no jack needed and no mess. Total cost was $20.

― Douglas Adams