I have a whining noise in the right angle drive​ (rear end).

• Looking at RP compatibility chart looking at bottom half rp will work with most any base at first temp range

RP_Ind_Technical_Appendix_Grease_Compatibility_Charts.pdf

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You seem to be REALLY concerned about this grease issue. Any particular reason why? Have you called Polaris or your dealer to ask what they recommend? Is there something I'm not getting?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• You seem to be REALLY concerned about this grease issue. Any particular reason why? Have you called Polaris or your dealer to ask what they recommend? Is there something I'm not getting?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just don't want to pump something in the u joint and it reacts wrong with the factory grease.

Then I'm running at say 80 mph on highway when it seizes up. Would be ugly over $10 of wrong grease

• I'm not the expert here but it sounds like there is not enough factory grease in the new u-joints to make much of a difference. Go with @'Gadgeteer''s advice and pump through a reasonable amount of new grease and you're good to go.

I personally don't start a piece of equipment (tractor, excavator) without greasing it. If you don't see grease pumping through, you're not using enough. Not a lot, but some. U-joints don't require that level of maintenance but the same technique applies. Over greasing is not good but under greasing is, well, catastrophic!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm not the expert here but it sounds like there is not enough factory grease in the new u-joints to make much of a difference. Go with @'Gadgeteer''s advice and pump through a reasonable amount of new grease and you're good to go.

I personally don't start a piece of equipment (tractor, excavator) without greasing it. If you don't see grease pumping through, you're not using enough. Not a lot, but some. U-joints don't require that level of maintenance but the same technique applies. Over greasing is not good but under greasing is, well, catastrophic!

Exactly my plan with the RP grease and ordered the Lincoln needle thanks everyone for the information

• So needle arrived today. Amazon. Bigger then i thought and i already got the harbor freight grease gun

The RP grease tube arrives later this week. All set for the weekend grease u joint and winterize slingshot

• I installed a 2021 angle drive into a GEN 1 2019 car last night using the 2021 drive shaft and belt and it is direct replacement. Speed matched perfect did not get a MIL on the dash. the 2020+ angle drives had a complete overhaul on the design bigger casting with more ribs. I wish I would have noticed this 1 year ago. Seems Polaris intends to use these parts in the future to replace old units once they burn through the previous generations. The 2020+ has 1" larger ring and the ratio is 2.8:1 with a 35T output sprocket the previous 2015-2019 was 2.25 to 1 with 39T output sprocket. The sprocket change is what makes up for the difference in the drive ratio and is why you will need to run the shorter belt if you convert. Parts needed. 727-809-3256 is the best way to get ahold of me.

2020+ drive shaft

2020+ angle drive

2020+ belt

• I just wondered if you noticed that Polaris changed the weight of the angle drive fluid for that model and I am guessing for everything 2020+?

https://cdn.polarisportal.com/…n-16-slingshotenangled170

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Great info...thanks for sharing!

• CRAP! I had wondered about trying the newer angle drive, but went with the older model since the drive ratios were different! Hopefully, I won't have any trouble with the new unit.

MY old angle drive was making a lot of noise, but if anyone is interested in trying to get it rebuilt like a normal differential, I'll let it go for shipping costs. PM me if interested and I can figure out the shipping costs. Of course, I'd also be willing to trade it for a 4-wheel kit!:S

Edited once, last by BKL ().