Ugh come on polaris

• Coolant bottle is on back order till Oct 7.

I can find a lot of sites that list one but don't have it in stock, "been calling before I order" ugh fml vacation is $=#&ed.

Are you talking about the overflow bottle? Can't you pick up something close in size at a junkyard nearby to work for vacation until yours comes in? Perhaps a coolant bottle from a Sportsman would work, not sure as I've not noticed the way they are set up. I know they electronic steering assist looks about the same. I would suspect Polaris shares some parts between models. I've also fixed cracks in the overflow tanks on vehicles using the JB weld for plastics.

My pinion seal was leaking from the day I got it I believe. I found it about 10 days after I got it, and it was inspected at 1400 miles. Yes, they covered it, but took nearly two weeks to get the part in. I took two weekend trips after that, before it was fixed. I just carried gear lube with me and checked it every 500 miles (wasn't leaking much).

• Was told flat out if I modify the tank in anyway it wouldn't be covered. Polaris corporate will get tired of hearing from me. I've called 4 times today, last time i called i asked has polaris stopped production on the 2017's. His answer was no, so I asked can you send me one of those tanks? Please hold.....30 min of hold later he said they couldn't send me one of those, my response ok I shall contact a lawyer and get a buy back request started....again please hold.....20 min of hold later...... I was told the corporate parts department will call me back in the morning. So now we wait. Again....again and again...

• I guess what it really comes down to is when we have warranty issues and Polaris tells us they can't get the parts we can...
    1) Put our lives on hold so our well planned schedule more aligns with their piss poor one.
    or
    2) Say "to hell with their warranty I choose my life without their schedule boundaries".

If it was me before I canceled my "family vacation" I would take one for the team and JB weld that bastard. And when my new one came in I would use the money I just saved by narrowly escaping a divorce to pay for it. And then the JB weld tank could be overnighted for eternity to the next poor bastard on Polaris's coolant tank waiting list. :thumbsup:

Or you could always just stay home and wait for Polaris to email you when it comes in.

Good luck with your decision Bro' wish I had one I could send ya

• Or you JB Weld the shit out of it, document every step of it, and then when they deny the warranty work (if you can't sweet talk the dealer into doing the work anyway), you fight it tooth and nail. I'm sure there's something to sue them with....theft by deprivation? @Bill Martin?

• I know that there are a couple of us working on it

• Yes, patiently waiting since Maggie Valley. Bottle has been broken before I went to Maggie, seems to work ok without pressure. I am buyer to the first vendor to market an aluminum can!

I talked with Noel at the Adirondack event and he is doing one also, his is definitely going to be cheaper than what we are doing, ours are being hand built and fabricated and should be around $200. We are doing a lot of testing with the new surge tank and some other items this week and should have the tanks in production next week. The last prototype only took a couple days, so hopefully we can get some out to the folks with broken surge tanks quickly.

• @Slunglow

When's your family vacation? I'd be willing to take mine off to let you borrow it so you don't have to cancel your vacation, though I need it for my Booze And Blues trip this coming Thurs through Monday.

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• I talked with Noel at the Adirondack event and he is doing one also, his is definitely going to be cheaper than what we are doing, ours are being hand built and fabricated and should be around $200. We are doing a lot of testing with the new surge tank and some other items this week and should have the tanks in production next week. The last prototype only took a couple days, so hopefully we can get some out to the folks with broken surge tanks quickly.

You guys put out quality products... I am in!! Thanks Dave

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I talked with Noel at the Adirondack event and he is doing one also, his is definitely going to be cheaper than what we are doing, ours are being hand built and fabricated and should be around $200. We are doing a lot of testing with the new surge tank and some other items this week and should have the tanks in production next week. The last prototype only took a couple days, so hopefully we can get some out to the folks with broken surge tanks quickly.

Will your tank have an external sight glass so tank level can be checked at a glance? Just curious...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• All large corporations are going to 1) DENY DENY DENY 2) When they have decided to internally admit they have a problem they then figure how much to correct it, what is the minimum liability, how much is the cost of defense, and the final Jeopardy answer is WHATEVER IS CHEAPER. It takes a huge law firm to go up against big corporations because they have legal teams that will paper whip your ass into submission. Wish I could paint a rosier picture for recovery but all I can say is retirement is bliss!!!

Having a fine Kentucky bourbon on Lake Huron. Mackinaw Island tomorrow!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it