Engine Swap and Rotrex install at the Adirondack's 2016

• It was a fun event at the Adirondacks last week and @ivor put on another great event. We had a great time talking with everyone and answering lots of questions, hope to see everyone there next year again!

While we were there we did an engine swap and heard a lot of people say we were crazy to do it at an event, but it was fun :)

@Jeff@DDMWorks did a great job getting the stock engine out and installing the new DDMWorks built engine installed into the bay for a nice clean install. @Jeff Welter installed the Welter Performance dual 2.5" exhaust for the supercharger just before we started on the engine swap and the entire install came out really nice.

Here is a picture before we started of one of the cleanest Slingshots we have had the privilege to work on.

We then started by removing the hood and the front of the Slingshot

More parts coming off -

The engine starts coming out -

And it is out!

A big hole where there used to be an engine -

End of the day, time to get some food and the guys at Alpha tried to kill me by having me try their hoverboard, which was a lot of fun -

@Jeff@DDMWorks had some well deserved pizza -

• The next day we started putting the new engine in and installing the supercharger kit -

Here is the new engine fitted up and ready to go into its new home -

This Rotrex unit is a little special and had its compressor cover completely polished and clear coated, looked great!

New engine mated up to the transmission and mounted -

Then it was time to start putting back on all of the accessories -

The finished install came out great, lots of little custom touches on this one -

We were very happy with how it came out and the customer loved his new power, couldn't ask for anything else on this install. We had a great time and look forward to doing this again at the next event.

If you would like more information on the supercharger or engine, it can be found here -

Engine info - Built Slingshot 2.4L Engine by DDMWorks

Supercharger info - DDMWorks Slingshot Rotrex Supercharger Kit

Or feel free to give us a call at 864-438-4949

Thanks again to everyone that made this event happen, look forward to it again next year!

• Awesome work!... another work of art!... LOVE the Carbon Fiber tubing...NICE!!!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

Edited once, last by lrobbi ().

• hanks again to everyone that made this event happen, look forward to it again next year!

I watched them build this. I would walk away, and then find myself going back. The whole crew at DDM was awesome, answered all the dumb questions I had. They probably forgot more about motors then I could ever know.The finished motor rocked!