How do you program a loop that you want to ride

• I have been trying to find out how to program a loop ride that I want to ride, just say for example a loop around Maggie Valley. The programs are out there with the way points but I can only find how to program A to B not the whole loop with the way points. I am using a Garmin but will change if I could find a GPS that you could down load the way points for the whole loop.

• google maps.
    option 1:Create a route with starting and ending point. Then start adding destinations in-between those 2 points by right-clicking on a destination and adding to route. You can re-order them as you like.
    option 2: Create a route with starting point and your first stopping point. Just as before, right click on the next destination on the loop and add destination. keep doing this until your loop is complete.

• google maps.
    option 1:Create a route with starting and ending point. Then start adding destinations in-between those 2 points by right-clicking on a destination and adding to route. You can re-order them as you like.
    option 2: Create a route with starting point and your first stopping point. Just as before, right click on the next destination on the loop and add destination. keep doing this until your loop is complete.

Google Maps works as long as you are using a printed map or turn directions. If you want to send the route to your phone, Google Maps currently can not handle multi-destinations. I like Google Maps because it will let me choose which roads I want and will let me specify multiple destinations. The BIG drawback remains its inability to send a route with multiple destinations to a phone.
    Hopefully, Google and/or the GPS manufacturers will respond to this situation. It would be really great if Google Maps added a capability similar to TomTom's Winding Roads feature. TomTom currently offers Its Rider and Rider 400 models with this feature, but they come setup with motorcycle mounts. The TomTom 400 Rider Premium Models includes mounts for both bikes and cars.

• After a little Googling, I located this info on sending user feedback about Google Maps -
    Send us feedback - Computer - Google Maps Help
    This link should allow you to contact Google about Google Maps on your Computer, Android device or IPhone/IPad device.
    maybe if enough of us ask for multi-destination support and a most curvy route option when sending a route to our phone or other device, Google will actually give us what most of us want.

• IIRC, some GPs manufacturers currently allow you to send a route to your GPS.

Here s a copy of the mesage I sent to Google -
    Currently, Google Maps doesn't allow me to send a multi-destination route to my phone. Adding a multiple destination route capability to send to my phone would be very useful.

Also, a capability similar to TomTom's Winding Roads feature would be extremely useful to motorcyclists, especially when combined with the multiple destination capability referred to above and when used with the Maps standalone feature on our phones.
    Please implement for Android first! :)

• Most of the routes are already down loadable, just can not enter into Garmin. MotorcycleRoad.US has down loads with way points that you can down load or print maps.

Funcycle

set a route to the first stop on your Garmin let it calculate the route then find the next location - click go. it should ask you if you want to add this to your trip say yes. I did it by mistake once and I think it may work for what you are trying to do.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I do not own a smart phone, I want a programable Device. I know we can do on the computer, maybe not me but still need to download to GPS device. Just about all the loops for the Great Smoky area are already availabe on biker sights

If you would have just come to Booze and Blues we have some great routs planned! LOL

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!