Forged Piston and Rod Combo - Low compression

• Hey everyone,

Seeing how popular these turbo and supercharger kits are getting, it seems like a piston and rod upgrade is in need! We had JE custom make some nice forged pistons in a more boost friendly compression. These pistons are set up at 9:1 compression. We also had valve reliefs cut just in case you feel like throwing in some bigger cams. These pistons are meant to be used with a 2.2L style rod. They are longer and give a better piston to rod angle then a standard 2.4L would. As of right now, we only carry one bore size. It is slightly bigger then stock at 3.470". The pistons come with file to fit JE pro seal rings. For rods, we normally go with the Eagle H-beam designed for the 2.2L. They have shown to hold a lot of power and are of great quality. This combo is proven to hold 600hp with no issues.

PM me for prices and feel free to post up any questions you have.

• Thanks for the info... this has my attention. Now having as Super Charger. This could possible be in the works soon. Thanks -

Website and prices?

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• If I posted this down in the vendor section, it would have had a price in the first post. But as per Rabtech's request, he does not want prices in this section (vendor rules). But since you all are wanting it posted here, that you will get.

$375 - Eagle rods
    $525 - JE pistons with rings

• If I posted this down in the vendor section, it would have had a price in the first post. But as per Rabtech's request, he does not want prices in this section (vendor rules). But since you all are wanting it posted here, that you will get.

$375 - Eagle rods
    $525 - JE pistons with rings

Thanks. Great... Good info!! Two thumbs up on pricing. I want to do some comparisons with Pistons and rods from DDMWorks... Size, compression ... Etc. thank you. This helps!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• That's a pretty good deal for a nice setup!

Might take you up on this offer for a 2nd le9 I am building.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• @iNewton - Plenty in stock and will be ready when you are!

Fun fact for the day. For those of you interested in coating the skirts, not all skirt coatings are the same! As you guys know, the Wiesco pistons come with the skirts coated. You will also notice that the coating has the Wiesco logo in it. Any skirt coating with a logo in it is only a break in coating. It is designed to wear off over time. The Tuff Skirt coating that JE offers is not the same. It is a much better coating that will last the lifetime of the piston, not just for break in.

• @iNewton - Plenty in stock and will be ready when you are!

Fun fact for the day. For those of you interested in coating the skirts, not all skirt coatings are the same! As you guys know, the Wiesco pistons come with the skirts coated. You will also notice that the coating has the Wiesco logo in it. Any skirt coating with a logo in it is only a break in coating. It is designed to wear off over time. The Tuff Skirt coating that JE offers is not the same. It is a much better coating that will last the lifetime of the piston, not just for break in.

Have you compared the coatings between the Wiseco's and the JE's before?

• Dave - Physically looking and feeling the coatings, they seem similar. But I was told that the actual material and process to apply the coating is completely different. This was directly from the company who puts the coating on. I know JE does not do it in house and I am pretty sure that Wiesco sends them out as well. We don't use Wiesco pistons so I can't say what they would look like after a few thousand miles of use. I know that the JE coatings are still in tact when we tear engines apart. Most of the time there are just some scratches in the coating from contaminated oil.

• Dave - Physically looking and feeling the coatings, they seem similar. But I was told that the actual material and process to apply the coating is completely different. This was directly from the company who puts the coating on. I know JE does not do it in house and I am pretty sure that Wiesco sends them out as well. We don't use Wiesco pistons so I can't say what they would look like after a few thousand miles of use. I know that the JE coatings are still in tact when we tear engines apart. Most of the time there are just some scratches in the coating from contaminated oil.

Sorry, forgot to get back with you on this. I was asking because on all of the custom Wiseco pistons we have made for the Slingshot, the Wiseco name is not etched into the side skirt slick coating. I have actually never seen Wiseco etched in the side of any of the pistons we have used for builds here, not sure if that is just a thing that they are doing for promotional shots or not. All of our custom pistons ship with the upper ceramic coating and the slick coating free of any logo and work with any 2.4L rods. Just wanted to clear up any confusion on this, hope that helps.

• Sorry, forgot to get back with you on this. I was asking because on all of the custom Wiseco pistons we have made for the Slingshot, the Wiseco name is not etched into the side skirt slick coating. I have actually never seen Wiseco etched in the side of any of the pistons we have used for builds here, not sure if that is just a thing that they are doing for promotional shots or not. All of our custom pistons ship with the upper ceramic coating and the slick coating free of any logo and work with any 2.4L rods. Just wanted to clear up any confusion on this, hope that helps.

Dave - Since you are doing custom pistons, they normally give you the option. You can even get DDMWorks etched in there! Since the ones you get have no logo, it is the standard coating that is there for the life of the piston. Same as JE. If you were to get one of the off the shelf Ecotec piston kits from them, they come with the logo in the coating. Those have the break in style coating.