Remember......

• Many have forgot, some want to forget, many can not. I was in a room with 38 other officials, many higher ranking then myself, who were looking at me for advise. I was the only one with training in the field of terrorism and counter-terrorism. When one asked what do we do? I said "WE wait".......As a country, we came together. We need to do that again. I for one, can not and WILL NOT FORGET.

• @Shatneyman, I gotta' give it to ya'! You brought a tear to my eye. I've never shared this before...I can still remember what I was doing on that fateful day. I was still on active duty in the Navy. We were sitting pierside in Norfolk, Virginia when the first plane hit. By the time the second plane hit, it had already been decided, the Amphibious Ship USS Shreveport was to leave port immediately for Moorehead City, NC to pick up the Marines and head to the shores off of NY. The Crew was given 3-hours notice, and told to get our affairs in order...we were being called into action. The entire crew was mobilized and ready to go in less than 90-minutes. Impressive by any standards. We pulled away from the pier, and headed to Onslow Bay to rendezvous with our Amphibious Ready Group...only to be told to Stand Down. The folks up North didn't want the Military showing up. Said it would cause a panic. Broke my heart into a thousand pieces!!!! I think I actually cried for almost two days. All we wanted to do was to reassure the folks that "We are here if you need us. We got your back." Only to be told to Stand Down. To this day, I still have a very hard time with that.
    BTW, Lee Greenwood is one of my favorites!!!!! Gets me every time. Raise a glass for those we lost, and a silent prayer for those of us left behind to carry on!!!!

• That day is still slow motion in my mind... And the smell of Jet Fuel or anything close to it gives me a bad reminders... Air planes in the sky still look kind of evil to me and I can't look at them long as the fly pass or pass over. I was at the Pentagon that day and things just never will be the same. But I will never forget the faces, the smoke, the slow motion of FBI agents and first responders running, I will never forget the look I gave and the statement I had to make to the JCS/J1 (General Smolen). Sir it's time to go .. Go now sir .. We are moving!!! It's like yesterday... And it just can't leave my mind. Sorry it still feels so fresh in my mind!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• That day is still slow motion in my mind... And the smell of Jet Fuel or anything close to it gives me a bad reminders... Air planes in the sky still look kind of evil to me and I can't look at them long as the fly pass or pass over. I was at the Pentagon that day and things just never will be the same. But I will never forget the faces, the smoke, the slow motion of FBI agents and first responders running, I will never forget the look I gave and the statement I had to make to the JCS/J1 (General Smolen). Sir it's time to go .. Go now sir .. We are moving!!! It's like yesterday... And it just can't leave my mind. Sorry it still feels so fresh in my mind!

I send you a hug...

• Many have forgot, some want to forget, many can not. I was in a room with 38 other officials, many higher ranking then myself, who were looking at me for advise. I was the only one with training in the field of terrorism and counter-terrorism. When one asked what do we do? I said "WE wait".......As a country, we came together. We need to do that again. I for one, can not and WILL NOT FORGET.

You are 100% correct about that sir! Never forget...

• It is a day to truly remember so many remarkable Americans!! So many professionals and heroes. Just heard today about a young man, 24 I believe who wore a red bandana. A book was just released about him saving 12 people and returning only to try and save more. Died with some firefighters only 75 feet from safety.

• I was at work and one of my patients called to say he would be late...a plane had hit a building in New York. I went out to the waiting area and turned on the TV....as soon as I did the second plane hit...I dropped to my knees...couldn't believe what I had just seen...that day changed something inside of me...

• I find it difficult to watch the videos and images but I make myself so I remember the horror, pain, and shock.

The video below was recorded by an NYU student from her dorm.

The audio / commentary of people trying to understand what they are seeing while their mind is trying to rationalize the horror is numbing.

"Are those bodies falling?" "No, no, they could be chairs or something"

http://m.wsslfm.iheart.com/ona…-video-from-her-14731062/

• The total shock that day of the first thought... how the hell did they hit that building...until the second one hit. We all knew then. We were sitting on the back porch of the Police Department when the first plane hit, after the second we were checking critical assets and searching for information. The sky above DFW emptied of planes and the flyovers of military jets ensued. As former active duty Army (Military Police) I took comfort in those jets, knowing they were up there. The days turned to weeks and now we are years after the event. It is our Duty to continue the legacy of those patriots who gave their lives that day in service to their fellow citizens. We must never forget.

Lost a great former leader at the Pentagon (Timothy J Maude) that day and we as a nation lost our innocence. But remember how we came together! Flags everywhere, George W speaking on January 20th at the State of the Union... Folks, if that doesn't tear right at the heart I don't know what will do it. Stand strong in God and Country!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.