• After looking at the factory vent I think I can cut openings into the verticals on it. Has anyone ever attempted modifying the vent in this way?

Yep, it's not perfect but it looks good. Cant say it really helped with the heat in the cabin, but I'm sure it helps with the engine heat. I just drilled two holes on each side of the vent then used a dremel with a cutting wheel to connect the holes. Finished off with a file on the dremel.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I thought about doing that but I worry about all the water that’s going to end up on the valve cover with the coils/plugs. That’s a pretty deep trough...that will hold a ton of water...

That said I just installed a welter duel exhaust kit....it runs like a banshe, but it didn’t do much for the elimination of cabin heat...because the pipes run along the entire length of the tunnel I feel more heat.

There is some insulation on my SS now. I don’t know if it’s factory or the previous owner attempted it....

Can anyone that bought a 2015 brand new take some pictures of any factory insulation in front of the passenger compartment and under the tunnel, if any?

I did buy the insulation package from slingmods....I wanted to see how the new exhaust would affect the cabin heat issue.....

As it stands right now I will probably install the insulation package....but I’m wondering if I should go over what’s there or remove it...

• Thank you....the stuff that’s on there is 1/8” sticky soft foam backed with aluminum. Similar to the package I bought. I also bought a small can of the 3M adhesive promoter....so now my question becomes will it help the new sticky backed stuff stick to the old stuff...