Hedgehog Apologizes...

• Notice how you can still click the link and get to that other site.... I guess that means we don't worry over here about people wandering off and not making it back to their home...

The more vendors that come on board, the less and less I will venture over... as I said before, I never personally had a problem with hedgehog, however it appears alot did. Im thinking one response would be to have taken his title away, and put him on memeber only status. However, Im unsure that wouldve been the correct response.... theres alot of employees that would crucify the bosses if they were given the oppurtunity, and then maybe the difference there is, paying memebers furthering your forum versus bad bosses paying the employees. Nonetheless, a difficult cookie to crumble for the Administrators. Im sure they were truly searching for what the correct actions should be. Still happy to be here. I did go over and tell Mr Sam Owens to come over... Tripod mailed him the link.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Too little too late.

I'm over there doing battle right now on the inability to edit posts. Interesting that it's only affecting some people who are also here on this forum now...

Yep....I posted a response to Rob's shock install post and saw that I too was included in the "no edit" censorship. I truly appreciate DKF and what she tries to do over there, but sadly, I think she is all alone in those efforts.
    Here is what I posted in response to @DKF Texas request to report the issue:

DKF Texas said: Hey guys a couple of y'all have reported this. Anyone having the same problem please go ahead and report it. Might help the admin figure it out.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [/quote]Thanks for your efforts @DKF Texas (I have witnessed your honorable intentions, and appreciate them). I too have no edit capabilities, and oddly enough, I have a membership to the other slingshot forums (including the newest). It's unfortunate that things have progressed....or regressed, depending on how we look at them, to this point. I'm not much on "conspiracy theories" kind of stuff, but this is not just coincidence or a sudden mass issue with personal computers needing their cache cleaned. I am guilty of reaching out to friends that happen to be members of this forum (Via PM's as suggested by moderators and admin), and letting them know that there was a new and exciting slingshot forum available, and that I would love to have them join that forum as well. As a matter of fact, I belong to three slingshot forums at this time, and reached out to friends on one of the other forums at the same time via PM's. Oddly enough, my PM's to those people in the other forum did not get censored and I did not get punished for reaching out and inviting them. I have not used derogatory language in ANY forum and have not been a negative influence in ANY forum. I feel it is everyone's right to make their own decisions, and I respect those decisions. So if any person decides to join or not join the other forums, it's their choice. I am guilty of offering my friends information to help broaden their Slingshot experiences. I have not asked one single person to abandon this forum, nor would I. I am a Premium member and have always shown nothing but respect for all members, including moderators. It's never been my habit to make "knee Jerk" reactions to things that get posted on any forum, and I always try to look at both sides of the coin. I will hold out hope that this is indeed some odd anomaly, and will be corrected quickly. Otherwise, it is a sad day indeed for the owner(s) and moderators of this forum, as it will have removed any "appearances" of being a stand up, respectable forum. Respect is earned, not demanded, and I have shown nothing but respect for this forum, and everyone that is a part of it. I should think that the same level of respect would be shown to me in return. Thanks again for your involvement DKF, and I hope I get the honor of meeting you in person some day!!!!
    [/quote]In any rat race......only a rat can win!!

2016 Slingshot SL Vin #8855
    2011 Cadillac EXT Platinum
    2011 Subaru Legacy
    1979 Fiat Spider 2000
    1968 VW Beetle
    1985 Honda Shadow 1100

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

Edited once, last by roadog1aj ().

• Call me sentimental...I have incredible memories from early on...when we were all dreaming of the mythical unicorn....we have created and grown into quite a family and don't plan on losing my guys!!!

• Call me sentimental...I have incredible memories from early on...when we were all dreaming of the mythical unicorn....we have created and grown into quite a family and don't plan on losing my guys!!!

Thanks @DKF Texas. I'm rather new to the scene, so I missed out on being a part of the early crowd. But almost to a person, you all have accepted myself, and other newcomers without hesitation, and it's because of all your willingness to patiently share your experiences and knowledge with us noobs, that makes this bunch of misfits such a solid group!!! I have grown to respect almost everyone in the Sling community and I'm ready to offer my support and assistance at the drop of a hat....no questions asked!!! I am a straight shooter, and if I give my word, it may as well be written in stone. I'm not a mental giant by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have a fantastic memory for those that have done me right......and also for those that have not. Anyone who has spent time around me knows my 2 biggest mottos: "I'll get over it, but I'll never forget it" & "You'll need me before I need you".
    The other forum is just that.....another forum. I put some serious time and effort into being a positive part of that forum, but it's just words on a screen, and I can move on if that's what they want. This forum is a fresh start for all of us, and maybe it was meant to happen, and because of it, our lives will interact in new and unexpected ways that would not have happened on the other forums.......everything happens for a reason!!!......well, except for @BONES....and @Tripod....I think they were conjured up somehow from a galaxy far far away.....just sayin...... :00000019::00000012::00007555::00007555:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Thanks @DKF Texas. I'm rather new to the scene, so I missed out on being a part of the early crowd. But almost to a person, you all have accepted myself, and other newcomers without hesitation, and it's because of all your willingness to patiently share your experiences and knowledge with us noobs, that makes this bunch of misfits such a solid group!!! I have grown to respect almost everyone in the Sling community and I'm ready to offer my support and assistance at the drop of a hat....no questions asked!!! I am a straight shooter, and if I give my word, it may as well be written in stone. I'm not a mental giant by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have a fantastic memory for those that have done me right......and also for those that have not. Anyone who has spent time around me knows my 2 biggest mottos: "I'll get over it, but I'll never forget it" & "You'll need me before I need you".
    The other forum is just that.....another forum. I put some serious time and effort into being a positive part of that forum, but it's just words on a screen, and I can move on if that's what they want. This forum is a fresh start for all of us, and maybe it was meant to happen, and because of it, our lives will interact in new and unexpected ways that would not have happened on the other forums.......everything happens for a reason!!!......well, except for @BONES....and @Tripod....I think they were conjured up somehow from a galaxy far far away.....just sayin...... :00000019::00000012::00007555::00007555:

I was with you until you called us a bunch of misfits. You really think we're misfits? You're wrong. This group of weirdos fits together just fine.

• So does that mean I have to apologize for calling them greedy bastards and dickheads? ?(

Kenny, not too sure how you go about undoing a "fuck you" posting. Maybe you have give it to them in the other end to balance things up some? let me think about that one for a while. I do agree, it looks like the Hedgehog got his balls run over by a steamroller and he had to do something for Cameron. Too bad he didn't broaden the posting to include everyone that was offended and driven AUF. Not that it would have made much difference, since this is my new home now. But that doesn't mean I can't jump over the fence once in a while to see what kind of koolaide their giving out

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I was with you until you called us a bunch of misfits. You really think we're misfits? You're wrong. This group of weirdos fits together just fine.

Heh, Heh....yeah....maybe "misfits" was too strong a word.......you're right...I should have used weirdo's or DAMN Bastards....or some such form of loving title along those lines.....my bad :00009079:

• I'm partial to damn bastards.

Gotta remember.....this was posted on the "Other Forum" and it would have been censored and I would be banned for life!!!!!!!!! Oh the horror of it all!!!

• Update!!
    I did get a response about all this and it was claimed that there was some sort of glitch. Whether that is true or not, I have no idea, and will leave it at that. I do have my edit permission back. Hopefully, they have fixed this for everyone else that was affected!!!! As I stated in that thread....I'll take my tin foil hat off and put it back in the drawer.

• Update!!
    I did get a response about all this and it was claimed that there was some sort of glitch. Whether that is true or not, I have no idea, and will leave it at that. I do have my edit permission back. Hopefully, they have fixed this for everyone else that was affected!!!! As I stated in that thread....I'll take my tin foil hat off and put it back in the drawer.

Here's their "official reasoning" for loss of Edit capability:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Funny but I never really saw anything but token apologies at best and its like kicking someone in the face and saying sorry a few weeks later because and only because a mutual friends prodded the other to say sorry. :00009453:
    Im sorta thinking a face kicking is still in the making :00008021:

AGREED!!!....but look at where we are now!!!! Methinks we got the better end of the stick on this one!!! :thumbsup:

• I just did a report over there about an hour ago on the no edit, no response yet.

I did a quick check to see if they "accidentally" reneged, but I can still edit my posts. Maybe you need to use a strongly worded post to get some action out them??? Hope they don't give you the screw job!!

• @FunCycle I made a post & tagged admin @4Nines for you & for @Slunglow. It may take some time - he has to see my tag first & then get it fixed. Worked with him this morning via PM & he got me & a few others fixed...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014