First 4 Seater Slingshot

• I wonder if they gave any thought about how it would be registered? I believe some states limit the number of people allowed on a motorcycle to not exceed 3 (if equipt with a sidecar). Not sure if those laws have ever been updated in years to allow such a modification. Even so, one would have to be VERY concerned about having the proper insurance coverage as I'm sure most insuarance companies would freak out seeing 4 people in one slinsghot

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I am sure it would still be considered a standard Slingshot with 4 seats. Same goes for making it a 4 wheel conversion. It would always be registered and insured by the VIN number. The issue would come up when you had an accident that they are only going to pay the standard value of a regular slingshot I'm sure. The law is only going to be an issue if the VIN number has been altered. In this case it hasn't.

The 4 wheel conversion wouldn't actually be any different that making a motorcycle into a Voyager Trike kit. Those are where the bike has two outrigger wheels attached.

I don't think DOT has any rules about how many people specifically have to be on a motorcycle. As long as each person has a seat belt I think you would be fine. I know Alabama doesn't touch this issue.

• I am sure it would still be considered a standard Slingshot with 4 seats. Same goes for making it a 4 wheel conversion. It would always be registered and insured by the VIN number. The issue would come up when you had an accident that they are only going to pay the standard value of a regular slingshot I'm sure. The law is only going to be an issue if the VIN number has been altered. In this case it hasn't.

The 4 wheel conversion wouldn't actually be any different that making a motorcycle into a Voyager Trike kit. Those are where the bike has two outrigger wheels attached.

I don't think DOT has any rules about how many people specifically have to be on a motorcycle. As long as each person has a seat belt I think you would be fine. I know Alabama doesn't touch this issue.

I know a couple years ago during Bike Week, the LEO's gave Hennigan Trikes a hard time when they took one of their Gold Wing Trikes and then added their dual front wheel kit to it. They said with 4 wheels on the ground it was no longer a motorcycle and not allowed to be ridden on the streets with the motorcycle tag. They have turned a blind eye to the Voyager trike "training wheel" approach even though it too has 4 wheels. Not sure if the logic there was that it's a temporary feature that unbolts or what. I'd hate to have 4 passengers and have an accident with injuries and deal with the insurance issues at that point. Just saying, they should do their research BEFORE it hits the road.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I know a couple years ago during Bike Week, the LEO's gave Hennigan Trikes a hard time when they took one of their Gold Wing Trikes and then added their dual front wheel kit to it. They said with 4 wheels on the ground it was no longer a motorcycle and not allowed to be ridden on the streets with the motorcycle tag. They have turned a blind eye to the Voyager trike "training wheel" approach even though it too has 4 wheels. Not sure if the logic there was that it's a temporary feature that unbolts or what. I'd hate to have 4 passengers and have an accident with injuries and deal with the insurance issues at that point. Just saying, they should do their research BEFORE it hits the road.

Agree, It would be a lawyers dream to go after the maker also if something happened...

I think it would be fun at the beach or somewhere you made short runs to grab some food... Or maybe used it when you went to bike rallies...

Guess I am in the minority, I think it is ridiculous, a waste of a SLingshot, and presents a whole host of safety, structural, and handling concerns.

Why not just put a pick up bed on it .... or better off a dump bed .... yeah that's the ticket ... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Yes, people would buy a 4 seater version, if it can remain street legal, to tour with the family. There is a big market for 4 seater UTV's and believe it or not the SS is a street legal alternative to a SxS. At least in our area anyway because most of the legal "ATV" routes in my immediate vicinity are paved and unpaved township roads so lots of people running UTV's and ATV's on them.

Prior to the availability of the Slingshot I seriously considered putting road tires on at least one of my UTV's so I could run all the pavement in my area. Once the SS became a reality it was a no-brainer to go the SS route for legal asphalt use and of course no comparison at all to running a SxS on those same roads.........

I wouldn't be trading in mine for a 4-up version but many families looking for a purely fun-factor vehicle to tour around in would definitely consider one versus other 4-seater options. Many 4-seater convertibles have either completely unusable rear seats or highly uncomfortable rear seats. If this SS conversion can comfortably seat 4 and provide the open air experience unique to the SS it could be a winner.

• For me I would have to HARD Pass on this one...but kudos for thinking outside the box.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.