Roadog's D-Mod

• @LONERANGER7... I see you have @robert.piner aka slingfx vinyl decals... How was your experience with him?

Believe it or not (for others reading this)... I've been trying to get some items and there's been NO progress... Luckily haven't prepaid this time... ;)

@MiM

My experience with him last year wasn't stellar. It took months for delivery. According to him it was lost 3 times, :whistling: , I got my order the 4th time.

• Don't get me wrong, I love the work he did. I got the rear brake light cover through him with my forum name on it.

It was just that the follow-up and the excuses, (right or wrong), were just so frustrating as a customer that I wouldn't recommend him. I know that for others, their work that was commissioned was flawless, and so they have nothing but good things to say.

I did not have that experience.

• Just to be clear......for anyone who might drop in near the end of this thread....you two are referring to the guy who sells decals, not the D-Mod, or it's creator?

I'd hate to confuse any noobs that might think I sell these and have issues with getting the product to them :thumbsup:
    The D-Mod is for any one to make for themselves, the person who sells the decals discussed above is not connected to me in any way.

Ok....since that's all cleared up....we return you to your regularly scheduled program....and of course the obligatory derails!!! ( After all, what's a good thread without good derails???) :00008356::00008356:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I Agree!! Thanks the d-mod(roadog1aj) is your creation.

Yes...I'm ridiculous about keeping my Sling clean and I've tried to find ways to keep as much dust off the rear rim as possible. My D-Mod definitely helped, but at slower speeds there isn't enough air flow created to keep the dust from settling in the rim. That's why I try not go slow......having the faster red Sling also helps...... :whistling::00008356:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• So after reading this post from start to finish I still have the same question. Does this modification help with exhaust fumes? I am using Welters Side kick presently. I have it turned up at the end about 15 degrees(to look cool). Due to an early snowfall I have only put 50 miles on it and I was still smelling the new metal smell in the cockpit. I have the next 5 months to figure this out but the D-mod does look cool. Any comments would helpful.

• I wish I could help with your question Stairgod. Sorry.

I have zero experience with the ability of this D-Mod to help the exhaust fumes exit the back like it should. Hopefully, one of the Sling family out there has the D-Mod AND a Welter exhaust similar to yours, and they can chime in.

I would think that anything that breaks up the dead/negative airflow back there would be a benefit in moving the fumes in the right direction. Sadly......I just can't speak with any authority on it. Unless someone has the overpowering urge to donate a complete Welter system that works with my Alpha Turbo set-up!!;););):thumbsup:

• I have the mod but I have the Welter duels so the exhaust is much higher so I am not sure if it helps or not. Sorry I couldn't give a better answer.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• Hey there slolane!!

How you doin Brother??!!!

I'm hoping to get a chance to meet you and hotshoe sometime this year!! It's been too long my friend!!

• Hey there slolane!!

How you doin Brother??!!!

I'm hoping to get a chance to meet you and hotshoe sometime this year!! It's been too long my friend!!

Doing well my friend, as for meeting are you going to any events ? Hotshoe is using her vacation time this year to go to Japan with our daughter ( thank god I dodged that bullet lol ). I was going to Maggie but had a change of plans and going out west on the Goldwing ( an All guys trip ). In Nov. we will be taking our bikes on a cruise ship for a 3 island trip. http://www.cruise-eta.com/even…le-cruise-1114-22-2019-2/ I might be talked into the poconos event but I would be solo.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• Doing well my friend, as for meeting are you going to any events ? Hotshoe is using her vacation time this year to go to Japan with our daughter ( thank god I dodged that bullet lol ). I was going to Maggie but had a change of plans and going out west on the Goldwing ( an All guys trip ). In Nov. we will be taking our bikes on a cruise ship for a 3 island trip. http://www.cruise-eta.com/even…le-cruise-1114-22-2019-2/ I might be talked into the poconos event but I would be solo.

Whew...yeah, I guess you did dodge a bullet there!!!

Glad to hear you have some great trips planned, and a few possibilities to boot!! As usual, I don't have any plans just yet, except to hopefully make it to the annual Booze & Blues event that Mitch has been hosting each year. We've really enjoyed going to that one!! You just never know.....maybe the moon and stars will align just right this yer, and we'll be able to hook up!! Fingers crossed!!!