Roadog's D-Mod

• @roadog1aj and @NatomasSlingshot1 I have also done things to mine. My front splitter/winglets required some drilling but hidden if removed. The big one for me were my side splash guard winglets. I had to drill holes but capped them with plastic covers so they look like an OE item.
    I guess the answer would be yes as long as the installation process was engineered well and not ( excuse my language ) half assed....
    Fasteners that match would also play an important part. Some soft goods ideas will require this type of thinking much like the floor liners.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I guess the answer would be yes as long as the installation process was engineered well and not ( excuse my language ) half assed....

And, for the most part, nicely covered up, if the mod was removed. (I fought putting the 4 lousy little holes in the floor for the mats, at first- like there aren't enough holes down there to begin with!) That is the polite way of saying- no big holes in the hood!!! (does not count J-mod)

• @roadog1aj your project-mod brings up a subject that has bothered me from day one. Just how much modification to ones SS (not able to return to stock) are people willing to do when purchasing a product. I tend to let ideas go if I cannot find a way to attach an idea if it requires drilling or cutting that would be visible if removed. I'm in wrong thinking that way?... love your idea and could see the next owner (if there was one) not having an issue with it or keeping it. Am I stressing about this far toooo much?

This is same thing people wonder on motorcycles... I have taken a new VTX1800 Honda and the day I brought it home (actually that night) I started welding on the rear fender sealing up taillight holes... And the next thing was to pull the front triple tree off and change it. I thought my dad was going to have a heart attack when he saw me ACTUALLY cut the wiring harness into up at the handle bars... I had to run each one thru the handlebar when I install the 1.5" T Handlebars.

Its going to be one of those questions where it just depends on if the buyer is comfortable drilling or modifying whatever he purchased... Im not scared to cut the hood into two pieces if I even THINK it might perform better or look better... And I know people that hate to raise the hood.

• Nice , Adam..Email sent...Secret info sent..Hush / Hush...You fellas are on the sidelines for a little while!! SORRY!! :00008084::00008356::00008359:

To be continued........

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited 3 times, last by BONES ().

• Alpha is the most popular CAI, it seems, (although I have a Hahn.) Most Alpha's require cutting a wire, due to throttle relocation, I believe. (although some HAVE done the mod w/o doing so- Noel cuts the wires.)

Just for clarification the Alpha CAI does not require cutting of any wires ...... anyone who is cutting wires to install this unit is not following the included instructions and simply doing it wrong .......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• (4) 1 1/2" long steel tubes that are 1/2 in diameter

Drill two 17/32" holes on center 2 3/4" from top & 2 3/4" from bottom

Drill two 17/32" holes into the storage compartments

My question is this, If you drill a 17/32 hole through the "wing" and sling, wouldn't the steel tube just go through everything? The tube is 1/32 smaller then the holes. What am I missing?

• My question is this, If you drill a 17/32 hole through the "wing" and sling, wouldn't the steel tube just go through everything? The tube is 1/32 smaller then the holes. What am I missing?

Oh Crap!!!....good catch @Shatneyman!!!
    I meant 17/64"
    Whew!!! That would ruin someone's day for sure!!!!1
    I fixed my original post with those dimensions!!!
    Thanks Brother!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Ok, went for a rip today and took the same route to see if there was any improvement in dust control.
    I'm pretty happy with my results. Of course it's fool hardy to think there would be zero dust, but I'd say I cut it down by at least 50%.
    There was some dust build up in the corners of the spokes, but I think I can actually go for a couple trips before having to dust them now.
    Here are a couple shots of the rear rim after today's rip:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Well, this what I did. Instead of using a 5 gallon bucket, I had some abs plastic left over from my saddlebag project. I cut them the same size, used a heat gun, and shaped them. Weather they work or not, I freak'n love the look. Thanks @roadog1aj

Damn!!!! That was fast work, and looks frickin awesome @Shatneyman!!! That's the beauty of my design....you can improvise and change up things to suite your preferences. Love how yours turned out!!!!! :00000436::00000436: