PAINTERS SS ART GALLERY

• Well I went for a visit to @Painter s yesterday to pickup my sling. I only have a few photos as they don't do it justice without the sun. The colour really shines and has great depth when the sun hits it. Unfortunately today was cloudy and snowy to take any pictures. So here is a a few shots to show painters great work. Thanks Jim for everything you did.

wow another amazing @Painter job

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I have a question and didn't want to start a new thread for it, so figured I would ask here.

I need the hood inserts (I guess that is what they are called) painted/wrapped the polaris pearl red. The questions I have are.......

Anyone know of a wrap that matches the pearl red they can point me too? I have a couple samples on the way, but figured someone in here already has the answer.

@Painter I have looked over you work and saying I am impressed is an understatement. Do you allow peices to be shipped to you, painted and shipped back? If so could you pm me a quote?

• I’m jumping in here to say a few words:

First of all, Tom is one of the nicest, most generous and forgiving people on the Planet!

Secondly, I made a very “Rookie”mistake on @goosemans
    Paint color and what you are seeing is the re-paint of the correct color because of my bungled mistake!

At Maggie, Tom told me he loved the dark cherry Sling color and we decided to paint his. When the time came, I was trying to remember the color as I’d only seen it briefly at MV. Sooooooo I go to PPG and asked for some ‘Dark Cherry’ samples and I chose one off of the card. They mixed up the Candy (put on a silver base) and sent me on my way.
    Tom came and I did my thing. But after the candy was clear coated, it really was lighter than I remembered. But being stupid, I painted away and added a few touches, put it back together and came up with this:

Boy.... that was not what I thought it would be but everyone here loved it and I had nothing to compare it to so I assumed it was all in my head!

Tom picked her up, and, being the gentleman he is, didn’t say a word. But even though everyone here liked it, the person who mattered didn’t! So he hesitantly PM’d the problem and thus the repaint—— First ever!

A side explanation but not an excuse for my mistake.... PPG forgot to add the black to the Candy and when shown the sample they agreed to furnish the paint and supplies for free. They know how tough it is to do Candies and the finish color can not be accurate because it changes after clearing especially on dark candy. But I did not spray out a test panel, I did not stop the paint when I had a question on it and I let the Two Week Deadline come before Tom.... That was a grave mistake!
    Thankfully, I got it corrected and he has this:

Tom, my friend, I owe you big time and will make this up to you. I made the mistake. I’m not perfect by any means and after literally 1000’s of paint jobs you think I would know that by now. Consider this an open apology for all to see. I had to write this because I don’t want Members to think I do everything right or would try to hide this.

• You always do a awesome job at all you do Painter

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Jim aka painter my friend. No apologies needed. The final product is totally awesome and i feel privileged to be able to own a painter masterpiece. Now for warmer weather to get here so we can enjoy it.

• They are both awesome color choices! I get if the darker was first choice verses the red cherry. I suppose my mouth would have dropped open. Don't think I would have said anything either. Holly smokes the work to re-do it. Painter aims to please that's a fact!
    Glad it turned out the color you picked Tom. One of a kind!

• I was privileged to see "Wild Cherry" #1 in person and it was beautiful. I sure that the new color is just as awesome in the sun. As most of you know I'm a residential painting contractor and colors and there perception in our 'mind' do funny things. The thing that is fantastic is the way all of us on the forum handle glitches in the road that come up.

• @Painter, I think you are being a bit too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes, but you admitted to yours, claimed it, and fixed it with zero drama, and it came out looking amazing. The time it took to redo the work must have sucked, but your product is beautiful, and your customer service, my dear Saint Painter, is second to none. :love: