PAINTERS SS ART GALLERY

• Painter needs a LOVE button for everyone to click in this thread only!! Seriously, there should be just a LOVE IT button or a GREEN WITH ENVY BUTTON or a PAINTER'S MAGIC button to click!! Along with special colored fonts for this thread only LOL I mean, seriously, he's constantly raising the bar and doing it with a "I'm humbled to be asked to paint your Sling, and I want to make sure you understand how much I appreciate it in the paint job." I'm not one to hype a person up, or give them undue credit, or jump on a band wagon but I was raised to give credit when and where credit is due!

• Alright guys and gals and children of all ages - if we want to make this happen we MUST have a LOT more submissions

As of right now, we do not have enough submissions

I know Jim has been grateful and humble and as such I do not wish to press the issue and beg folks to contact others or submit a photo - if we do not get enough submissions by Wednesday and I will include the submissions received with the photos for consideration for the 2019 calendar

I know everyone has been real busy with life and I appreciate the time and effort

• @Ross I will try and grab you some quality pictures other than the Sling sitting in the driveway if the weather permits. If the weather doesn't cooperate it'll be a quick but good dreary San Antonio local picture to contribute.

• I thought it was only for those who had SS painted by Painter?

It is for anyone who has has something painted by JIM. At least I thought so

Please @Ross .... I posted my feelings earlier and I believe this should be a work for all Members. Open it up as everyone is proud of their rides and Family here!

Here is what I posted on that thread:

I don’t get notifications of this thread but when tagged I began reading the posts. I was going to avoid it entirely (as most know how embarrassed I get!) but @Ross is working tirelessly to pay a tribute to a man who is a mere fraction of this wonderful place.

I was one of the first on The Dark Side and wanted a place full of trust and “paying forward”. So, I decided to put my money where my posts were and reached out to @slingkingoffering to work with my Dealer to purchase his Sling there and I would paint it at just material cost. (Realize he was from Oregon and I was in Indiana!) He showed the Forum that Members could be trusted and agreed.
    I never put a mile on it but picked it up on my trailer, did the custom work, trailered it then to @DuaneIndy who put it in his garage for the reveal. Joe flew in and @WingShotand I picked him up at the airport and the rest is history.
    Now comes the weird part.... I figured my material costs at $1365. Kay and I sat down and agreed to charge him only half of the costs to help cover his trip. That started this wonderful journey of “paying forward”.

Since then, I bought a couple of new valve covers and coil pack covers to “gift” to others in order to expand the “pay it forward” idea. Boy.... did that explode! At last count, I’ve given away 76 valve covers and 74 coil covers! ( most I purchased new and some @Turbosling donated because of some damage) I have never charged anyone a cent for these or for any shipping cost.
    This does not include the gifted NRG steering wheels and DDM or Assault hubs to put them on! @SlingRider now can replace these in his sleep.... or many other things I’ve gifted.

Of course, when it comes to full paint jobs a had to charge something to not end up in the poor house but have tried to keep these cost much lower than normal and always try to do little “extras” to boot.

Now.... many reading this drivel are thinking “ this guy is bragging about what he has done and his left arm is longer than the right from patting himself on the back”! I assure you that is not the case!

@Goats_Hogs is currently in production. He didn’t think he deserved a “gift”. He is a simple man... unassuming, humble and giving....... exactly who I would choose!
    Concerning his “gift”, I will share a PM sent to him off the cuff concerning his valve cover/coil cover combo:

I don’t do things for recognition. I do things to give back in some small way to those I admire. One of the reasons I don’t sign anything even though I’ve been pleaded to do so. The work is mine until you receive it...then it is your and yours alone.
    You may or may not want a gift but gifts are more than what they appear. They don’t expect anything in return. They don’t need payment, they don’t need praise, they don’t need shared..... In fact, all of that comes to the giver in just the giving.

This is how I feel.... but I am certainly not alone. Look at the generosity exhibited on this Forum! Truly amazing! There is not a single Member I would not trust. There is not a single Member who has not been an example for us to live by. Where can you find that anywhere but here?

I have been truly blessed in life with a wonderful family, great friends,and now, a Forum Family who have become very special. If I pass this life tomorrow, I would go knowing I’ve been “Gifted” beyond comprehension by all of you.

Now.... as to the “Tribute” thing. You know that if you asked me I would be against it. And now, with a little over three years of Slinging, it would be difficult to get most contacted or even to take the time to submit anything to Ross.... That is just human nature!

@Ross ... Here is my suggestion. Do the tribute but do it to encompass all in our community.....A Forum tribute as it were. A book that has no starting date or ending date but is timeless. A book you can keep more than a calendar year and would contain memories that lasts lifetimes. (You already have amassed some great material!)

@Shatneyman posted some videos showing Slings but his depictions of friends and family I look at over and over again.......
    A Tribute to us...What we’ve become....What we will turn over to new blood.....What we will leave behind for others to discover.... That is the Tribute worth more than any one of us!

Yes, I would be honored to have some of my work displayed.... even a little ”blurb” would be great. But take this adventure and do a true “Tribute” to the Family we have forged together! I will pledge to help financially and physically to make this reality as I’m sure others here would do also.
    I respect all of you.

• yes sir - open for all members and all photos - need more submissions as we haven't hit double digits yet and we need triple to put something nice together - if we don't get enough submissions then the submissions received will be added to the photos for consideration for use in the 2019 calendar

• I can't say enough good words about @Painter, or the Family I have gained on this Forum. I am actually kind of speechless. I didn't expect Painter to do this for me. Once again he is the MASTER. I know the saying is Pay It Forward. If ANYONE ever needs anything I will be honored to help out.
    Thank you Painter

WOW! That is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app