Stretched / WIDENING your rear wheel

• Wanted to bring this "over here" I received several questions (PMs) on who did this so I wanted to make sure everyone has this info... Small based business in Livonia Michigan. Owner is James, he has been doing this for many years. Great customer service as well. Now I would not been able to do this if @TheRock hadn't given me his wheel as a spare ...and refused to take my money. Darn Family can be difficult some days.... Love u brother.

http://Www.weldcraftwheels.com

I am including my receipts as to give an idea on his cost- with the understanding it may depend on where he is shipping/returning your wheel to.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I asked him to add 1.5". Tire went to 315 / 30. He uses his own steel or aluminum depending on the wheel. I paid for him to do the extra work of grinding the welds down smooth for a finish look on the inside. Then I painted the inside. New size is 18 x 11

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• No issues at all. It balanced fine and mounted the tire with no issues as well.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• Also let me add. He adds the new piece that does change the offset ... I simply added a very good quality bolt in spacer of the same exact size I requested to be added 1.5" (38mm) and that keeps my offset exact the same / centered as factory.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• no he has a 1.5" hub spacer. you bolt it on and then use another set of holes to mount the wheels to the spacer

I'm guessing

Thanks @rabtech. That's correct. Keeping the wheel centered in the rear.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• I could be wrong, but it looks like the added 1 1/2 inches was to the rear (inside) of the wheel, so the distance from the flange of the axel to the back side of the hub should remain the same. That would put the offset of the wheel off some. I'd like to see the wheel/tire mounted on the s/s from a straight on rear picture though

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Also let me add. He adds the new piece that does change the offset ... I simply added a very good quality bolt in spacer of the same exact size I requested to be added 1.5" (38mm) and that keeps my offset exact the same / centered as factory.

@lrobbi I love what they were able to do with the wheel but I'm a little confused. If Weldcraft Wheels added 1.5" to the non-lugnut side of the wheel and you added a spacer/adapter to keep the wheel centered with the vehicle ... Then the spacer should have been .75" unless I'm missing something ?

• @lrobbi I love what they were able to do with the wheel but I'm a little confused. If Weldcraft Wheels added 1.5" to the non-lugnut side of the wheel and you added a spacer/adapter to keep the wheel centered with the vehicle ... Then the spacer should have been .75" unless I'm missing something ?

Well unless I am going blind... That could be the case - it is centered . I might be blind ;(
    But he added the extra after the center line of the wheel.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• I can't find my "plung" . But darn I do seriously have some vision issues. So maybe I am off on what I am seeing. The tire pattern also throws off the center look .

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• I don't think it's that critical especially if you're not "tracking" it. I thought my new wheels were dead center but I just measured mine the other day and it's off about .75" but I couldn't see it with the naked eye. (there ya go @Tripod )

• I don't think it's that critical especially if you're not "tracking" it. I thought my new wheels were dead center but I just measured mine the other day and it's off about .75" but I couldn't see it with the naked eye. (there ya go @Tripod )

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Well unless I am going blind... That could be the case - it is centered . I might be blind ;( But he added the extra after the center line of the wheel.

@lrobbi I wouldn't worry about it. If you're anything like me that new tire will be worn out in no time and you'll be ready to add another 1.5" to that rim. Just remember not to add any more spacers. ;):thumbsup:

• I didn't think of going with a stretch of my existing. I bought new and went with a 20x 12 on the back and 345/35/20.

I know it is not as nice as what is in the "special area" but this baby got back for sure.

• I didn't think of going with a stretch of my existing. I bought new and went with a 20x 12 on the back and 345/35/20.

I know it is not as nice as what is in the "special area" but this baby got back for sure.

Nice!! Looks great!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

thanks. Hmmmm your giving me more ideas :D

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,