Another Slingshot Engulfed in Flames

• "Whatever the case, we’d like Polaris to look down into this problem, identify the cause and issue a recall. Until then, we advise owners avoid riding their Polaris machines, and in case they have to, keep them in low revs, avoid rush hour traffic and keep them parked in a shaded area."

"Keep them parked in a shaded area" ?( You gotta be shittin' me? :00008172::00008356:

• You can't fix stupid.........and God refuse to issue a recall to fix the problem!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I thought I remembered someone having a fuel line come loose while driving so I went to "TDS" and copied this from the forum members post about the incident...

"I have about 1800 miles on my Slingshot. I had my first problem with it a couple of days ago. While riding along in fifth gear the engine died. Almost immediately I smelled gas. Opened the hood and saw the fuel hose that connects between the main fuel line from the fuel pump to the fuel rail had came off on the end that connects to main fuel line. It had a quick connection with a clip on it and had just popped off. I pushed it back on but couldn't make it latch. Was getting dark so I stuck it on and headed home. Had to put it back on two more times to make it home."

I think it might be time to do the DDM fuel rail/braided supply line mod.

• extreme heat from foot well area. Guys, can someone double check my eyes. In one of the pictures of the burned hulk I think I see a non-stock muffler. Does not look like OE but bad picture so hard to tell.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Don't get me wrong - I am glad the owner is not injured and it sucks that his ride went up in flames - however after reading these two articles I think that I can be a journalist and report on some things that should cause alarm for a lot of healthy eaters ...

If you missed the news yesterday, a man in Wisconsin discovered that carrots may be deadly.

The initial story hasn't really surfaced anywhere but here and now on slingshotinfo.com. And although the details are scarce, @Ross a past carrot eater has contacted us to shed some light over the situation.

@Ross confirmed he has eaten carrots in the past. The passionate eater (he seems to enjoy just about any unhealthy food by the size of his waist line) last ate carrots in early 2016 but has more than 45 years of experience eating carrots. @Ross claims that carrots are deadly - even pristine carrots and even those carrots that you take great care of may lead to your death.

@Ross also told us he didn’t do anything bad to carrots but yet those that eat carrots continue to die.

“I am sitting at home and I realize that everyone I knew who is now dead - at some point ate a carrot or two or more,” Ross said. “I'm not sure how science and the government haven't figure this out yet but everyone who I know that has ever eaten a carrot will die!”

After he purchase carrots at a local grocery store, he noticed an obituary for an old acquaintance, and as soon as he realized that his now dead friend had eaten carrots, he quickly got a hold of us because we are darn near Nobel prize winning journalist with access to the internet.

“I get on the internet and as far as I can find using Google searches and even though I only look at the heading and not read any further the top two or three results, it shows me that everyone who has ever eaten a carrot will die and that most dead people ate a carrot or two in their lives.”

@Ross admits he has eaten carrots in the past but luckily, he wasn’t harmed in the process. But this could happen to any other carrot eater. Just look in the obituary section of your local newspaper and try to find someone who hasn't eaten a carrot and every single person listed in those obituaries is now dead. Other reports suggest several other vegetables may also lead to death.

A search on Google (Google) reveal recalls on carrots in the past. Carrots are the 7th most consumed fresh vegetable in the US and in 1997 consumption peaked at 14.1 pounds per person. People who include healthy foods in their diets or who, are now, or will be dead in the future seem to be affected the most. But it looks like the problem spreads to other vegetables too.

Details about what exactly causes people to eat carrots are scarce, but we ran some checks with Google, and the recalls are on the internet and we all know that if it is on the internet it must be true. @Ross admitted he has thought about eating carrots again. But he then just thinks about chocolaty or booze related goodness and the thought of eating carrots usually go away.

“That's definitely what I would go with, the way carrots and dead people are connected as if carrots directly, or something else cause people to die,” Ross explained.

Whatever the case, we’d like the WORLD to look into this problem, identify the cause and issue a recall. Until then, we advise eaters to avoid carrots, and in case they have to eat them, wash them down with plenty of alcohol or sugary sweets.