2015 SL stock Windshield size

• I have been searching this forum without success for the size of my stock windshield. I know I want it wider and taller but don't know how to find the size or how to measure my present screen.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction.

• I know what they are marketing I just don't know how to compare them. I see that they have additional width also but I just need to know where to put a tape measure to measure? Is it a vertical measurement or
    a measurement on the wind screen.

• I was good with height but wanted width. I went with a set of wings. I love them closed to keep the wind off my shoulder and open they direct wind right into my chest to cool us off.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I have the F4 +5 windshield and the baker air wings. No problem whatsoever with the full trailering cover going on it. And @EjFord fires the same and trailers his around all over with no problem.

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• I have been searching this forum without success for the size of my stock windshield. I know I want it wider and taller but don't know how to find the size or how to measure my present screen.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction.

If you measure up the center from the hood up to get the height --- I have the F4 Customs tinted 5+ windshield and love it. You will want to add the Baker 'Air Wings' for air movement. 33,000 + miles on one of the first F4 5+ tinted shields with 'Air Wings', no problem trailering with the Polaris fitted trailering cover.
    For 20 years I road a Gold Wing with the Tulsa Shield and loved it and this is the
    same type of set up.

• If you measure up the center from the hood up to get the height --- I have the F4 Customs tinted 5+ windshield and love it. You will want to add the Baker 'Air Wings' for air movement. 33,000 + miles on one of the first F4 5+ tinted shields with 'Air Wings', no problem trailering with the Polaris fitted trailering cover. For 20 years I road a Gold Wing with the Tulsa Shield and loved it and this is the
    same type of set up.

Thanks @EjFord So does that mean 5+ is 5" taller than stock or it is just a name??

• Correct. It means it's 5" taller over stock

This is mine with the F4 +5 tinted before i put the baker air wings on it. Open up each picture to see the full view of them.

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

Edited 2 times, last by DocG ().

• I realized that I'm not going to have the time to get the Blade windshield out of the garage attic, remove my MadStad windshield, reinstall the Blade for the measurements and then reinstalling the MadStad.
    I'm between 6" and 6" 1" and can say that when @cyclecog allowed me to test drive his Slingshot, I found his F4+3 windshield placed the top edge of the windshield pretty much inline with my line-of-sight and I found myself constantly shifting my head to place the top of the F4+3 in a comfortable position. EDIT - I should also add that I keep my seat one notch forward of its rear-most position so I can tilt the seat back and with my Blade windshield, I normally look above the windshield, but can slide down in my seat just enough to hide from any rain coming over the top of the windshield.
    My MadStad 13" windshield has me looking thru the windshield and I can look over it, if necessary, by lifting my head and stretching my neck. I redrilled it to mount about 1" lower during cold weather to minimize airflow under the windshield. It's actually so ow that it will hit the hood if I am not careful. I probably would have been OK if I had redrilled it so the new holes were about 3/4" higher than the original holes instead of the 1" I used.
    MadStad Windshield Sizing Info can be found here - MadStad Adjustable Windshields.
    I couldn't find similar Sizing Info for F4 Windshields, but they did show the F4+3 windshield being 3" taller and 2.5" wider than the Polaris Blade while the F4+5 is 5" taller and the same 2.5" wider. F4 also states on their site that they offer a special version of the F4+5 to fit the Bullet or Twist Dynamics tops.
    I'm sure the OP could email F4Customs for their recommended windshield for his height.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Thanks. I will do some leg work myself with a level(not the lazer type..lol) and set it on the windshield to figure out exactly where it hits my face and measure up from there. I like the idea of 2.5" wider and I assume that it is +3 on the angle so it is little less on the vertical but I can calculate that easily.