Typical Slingshot Anomalies

• Got home from work, 68 degrees, grabbed the wife and went for a ride. 4 blocks from home, flipped blinker on for my turn, made the turn, blinker arm resets, but now the blinker indicator is on solid. Blinkers are now non-functional, couldn't tell if the they were on (the turn signals) solid or not. Nothing I could do seem to clear it until I got a chance to pull over and shut down the SS, restart and now everything is fine. What the hell was that?

We finish by running over to my sister and brother-in-law for a quick visit and damn! (Hah! got a damn in so Bones doesn't get credit for this one!) For the first time since I've owned my Slingshot and 3 failed rear axle bearing sets and a completely replaced swingarm (5000 miles ago), my axle nut has moved! They loctite'd the hell out of this thing, now it decides to move?
    Is it a hint or telltale that I may have another bearing failure coming? Mine is not double-nutted, hasn't had that upgrade yet, but it has never moved before either.

• I only have 7k on mine but never had an issue with the nut or bearing (Damn-it now I got to knock on some wood!).... Hope I haven't just doomed myself.
    Not boasting just wondering WTH?.... Mine is #886 and would assume the early builds would have had the issue. Was there ever a finalized verdict or is still a screwed up issue?... Did the Zerk fitting ever get installed by anyone? Far to under the weather to go over to the other side and reseach.... Sorry. sick-squared

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Sorry didn't mean to like it meant to reply.
    Could be the relay - do the emergency flashers work?
    I am trying to remember how Noel explained trouble shooting to figure out if it was the relay or flash module.

Everything works fine after shutting it down and starting it back up.
    Wierd.

• I only have 7k on mine but never had an issue with the nut or bearing (Damn-it now I got to knock on some wood!).... Hope I haven't just doomed myself.
    Not boasting just wondering WTH?.... Mine is #886 and would assume the early builds would have had the issue. Was there ever a finalized verdict or is still a screwed up issue?... Did the Zerk fitting ever get installed by anyone? Far to under the weather to go over to the other side and reseach.... Sorry. sick-squared

I've never heard about a 'bonified' real fix outside of getting Runmans swingarm

• Check to see if the 4 way flasher go out at the same time as the turn signals.
    I had the exact same problem but as I said it was the Turn Signal Mod.
    It could be a relay / a module / or in the switch. Noel had explained how to trouble shoot it but I have to go back to that evil place and try to find the tread.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Just my 2 cents... Typically, one uses a washer(s) between a nut and a sprocket. Especially when the surfaces of the nut and sprocket aren't totally smooth (like a mirror). Washers allow slight rotational vibration of the sprocket without loosening the nut. That's the theory anyway... Here are some pics (this is the first time I've tried uploading any pics here)...

Here's the axle in place...

Here's the 1st washer between the axle spacers and the sprocket...

Here's the Sprocket/Pulley in place...

I used a pair of SS washers (concentric) between the sprocket and axle nut...

Used some Loctite 641 retaining compound on the axle nut and torqued it to 250 ft/lbs. Then installed a CycleSprings "lock" on the nut. It hasn't moved to far -- but I'm still crossing my fingers...

I had no idea why Polaris didn't use washers in the first place -- until I tried to find washers the right size... Yeah, a squirt of Loctite is a lot cheaper!