Unbiased opinion on Short Shifters

• i like my shifter, what i want to know is what is the "BEST" grease to use ,,i think thats what i need to make mine a bit better. As it is now i am using a water proof? resistant type..thanks

• i like my shifter, what i want to know is what is the "BEST" grease to use ,,i think thats what i need to make mine a bit better. As it is now i am using a water proof? resistant type..thanks

I've always used lithium door hinge greese on my aftermarket shifters.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I got to drive the Alpha SS with the new shifter today and it is smooth as butter. Winding out that SUPERCHARGER and shifting was amazing. Yup... Got to drive the new Alpha supercharger.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I researched this several months ago, but forgot what I found. New search results agree with JT's comment. A good quality White Lithium Grease is safe for metal-to-metal and metal-to-plastic contact. If you're really paranoid about it, get some marine white lithium grease, but any white lithium grease should work. Spray white lithium grease, while convenient and easy to spray down into the shifter, may not perform quite as well simply because it's thinned for spraying, so it might need more grease or repeated application.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• had ddm's shifter,and liked it but hated how first was tough sometimes and I'm definitely not trying to say bad product but i tried alphas and all i had to do was shift in and out of first gear just once and i was sold. the shift is like jt said, butter.

• I read a couple of reviews from guys that had the other and changed to Alpha...said it was smoooother

@TCB I have a lot of ddm mods that I really like, so I bought the short shifter. From the start it was kind of a rough shift and 2-3 was hard. At SSITS this year I drove one with the alpha and really felt a difference, much smoother. Had a friend, @Dogs, drive it and he bought one. I tended to miss shifts with the ddm which I attributed to muscle memory but do not with the alpha. Still have the ddm in box, cheap if you're interested ! Sorry tapped the wrong quote. Also just read dave's post on pin position and that could easily have been my problem with the ddm. Never looked at pin position!