• I got led light strips for the lower wings will be here Saturday. I definitely want a wing can't wait to see what you come up with. Will get extra battery today or tomorrow. Will post pic when lights are on.

• Even with one battery my daughter who's been test riding it for her cousin spins the rear tire like crazy. With more power it will need some traction upgrades. Kinda sounds familiar doesn't it. :D

Umm, I don't think traction is going to be a problem... maybe you missed the new tire in the top right of the pic Henry posted. :00008172::00008356:

• Going from 12V to 24V! So it could be said its getting the ludicrous mod lol

I'm sure @Turbosling is aware of this but for anyone else considering this mod on their "Lil ones" new Sling that's not familiar with DC electrical circuits you need to understand the basics of Ohm's law.

Ohm's law states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the voltage across the two points.

Also expressed as E = I x R
    Where:
    E represents electromotive force measured in volts
    I represents current measured in amps and
    R represents resistance measured in ohms

So long story short if you double the voltage you are also doubling the current to the motor assuming the motor (resistance) did not change.
    This means the size of the wires feeding the motor will also need to be increased in order to handle the extra load (current)

NOTE: If the (mini) Slings have electronic voltage controllers which I assume they do. It's very important to upgrade these if they are incapable of handling the new power supply. It's also important to note the motor was designed for 12 volts and the current being drawn at the 12 volt level so if you aren't changing out the motor the extra volts might be best used in short spurts (kinda like nitrous) :thumbsup:

• The Sex Life Of An Electron

The Sex Life of an Electron by Eddie Currents*One night when his charge was pretty high, Mirco-Farad decided to seekout a cute little coil to help his discharge.He picked up Milli-Amp and took her for a ride in his Megacycle. Theyrode across the Wheatstone Bridge and stopped by a Magnetic field withflowing currents and frolicked in the sine waves.Micro-Farad, attracted by Milli-Amp's characteristic curves, soon hadher fully charged and proceeded to excite her resistance to a minumum.He gently laid her at ground potential, raised her frequency, andlowered her reluctance.With a quick arc, he pulled out his high voltage probe and inserted itin her socket, connecting them in parallel. He slowly began shortcircuiting her resisitance shut while quickly raising her thermalconductance level to mill-spec. Fully excited, Milli-Amp mumbled"OHM...OHM...OHM!"With his tube operating well into class C, and her field vibratingwith his currently flow, a corona formed which instantly caused hershunt to overheat just at the point when Micro-Farad rapidlydischarged and drained off every electron into her grid.They fluxed all night trying various connectors and sockets until hismagnet had a soft core and lost all of its field strength.After wards, Milli-Amp tried self-induction and damaged her solenoids,and, with his battery fully discharged, Micro-Farad was unable toexcite his field. Not ready to be quiescent, they spent the rest ofthe evening reversing polarity and blowing each other's fuses. BUT WAIT!!! THERE'S MORE!Micro was a real-time operator and dedicated multi-user. Hisbroad-band protocol made it easy for him to interface with numberousinput/output devices, even if it meant time-sharing.One evening he arrived home just as the sun was crashing, and hadparked his Motorola 68000 in the main drive (he had missed the 5100bus that morning), when he noticed an elegant piece of livewareadmiring the daisy wheels in his garden. He thought to himself, "Shelooks user-friendly. I'll see if she'd like an update tonight."Mini was her name. She was delightfully engineered with eyes likeCOBOL and a Prime mainframe architecture that set Micro's peripheralsnetworking all over the place.He browsed over to her casually, admiring the power of her twin,32-bit floating point processors and inquired, "How are you,Honeywell?" "Yes, I am well," she responded, batting her opticalfibers engagingly and smoothing her console over her curvilinear functions.Micro settled for a straight line approximation. "I'm stand-alonetonight," he said. "How about computing a vector to my base address?I'll output a byte to eat, and maybe we could get offset later on."Mini ran a priority process for 2.6 milliseconds, then transmitted 8K."I've been dumped myself recently, and a new page is just what I needto refresh my disks. I'll park my machine cycle in your backgroundand meet you inside." She walked off, leaving Micro admiring hersolenoids and thinking, "Wow, what a global variable. I wonder ifshe'd like my firmware?"They sat down at the process table to a top of form feed of fiche andchips and a bucket of Baudot. Mini was in conversational mode andexpanded on ambiguous arguments while Micro gave occasionalacknowledgements, although in reality he was analyzing the shortestand least critical path to her entry point. He finally settled on theold, Would-you-like-to-see-my-benchmark routine. But Mini was againone step ahead.Suddenly she was up and stripping off her parity bits to reveal thefull functionality of her operating system software. "Let's getBASIC, you RAM," she said. Micro was loaded by this stage, but hishardware policing module had a processor of its own and was in dangerof overflowing its output buffer, a hangup that Micro had consultedhis analyst about. "Core," was all he could say, as she prepared tolog him off.Micro soon recovered, however, when Mini went down on the DEC andopened her divide filed to reveal her data set ready. He accessed hisfully packed root device and was just about to start pushing into herCPU stack, when she attempted an escape sequence."No, no!" she cried, "You're not shielded!""Reset, baby," he replied, "I've been debugged.""But I haven't got my current loop enabled, and I can't support childprocesses," she protested."Don't run away," he said, "I'll generate an interrupt.""No, that's too error prone, and I can't abort because of my designphilosophy."Micro was locked in by this stage, though, and could not be turnedoff. But Mini soon stopped his thrashing by introducing a voltagespike into his main supply, whereupon he fell over with a head crashand went to sleep. "Computers!" she thought, as she compiled herself,"All they think about is hex!"

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014