Florida license

• Read on another location that Florida has changed the requirements to drive a Slingshot. No longer needing a motorcycle, or three wheel license. Called an autocycle. Can anyone verify, expand on this.

• @Orangeman thanks for such quick reply. I've been reading your post for some time, and I always learn something new. Below is what I read on another location. Just wishing it was correct.

Your instructor is correct, as it changed in June. We were in a quandary as to what to do because we are snowbirds & had purchased our SLingshot in MN. However, we are FL residents, so needed to comply with FL laws. My husband is missing his hand, so couldn't take the test on the CanAm. We couldn't get insurance without him taking the test. Just when it looked like we would need to sell the SLingshot, we heard of the change in the law for FL and verified it through the FL Department of Motor Vehicles. They consider the Slingshot an auto cycle, thus eliminating the need for a motorcycle endorsement. We were then able to get insurance on the Slingshot, so all was kosher. So, you can trust your instructor.

• If you keep checking the Polaris site, the have a section that you can check each state for their license laws on the slingshot. Florida still does require an endorsement or license to operate the slingshot at this time

License Requirements by State | Polaris Slingshot

Was checking the Polaris site when you posted ........ laugh-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• If they work like Virginia, while the slingshot is classified as an AutoCycle here, it still had a motorcycle plate, as I'm guessing there's not enough registered yet to justify making a new type of plate.

The benefit that gives us here is that we can use the HOV and Express Lanes for free, as of now.

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• This still works out for me. I can blame you guys for my wife not able to drive my Slingshot. Poor me.

If your slingshot wasn't so beautiful------ that comment would earn you a thumbs down from some of us..... :00007579: ........(j/k)...... ;)
    Here is CA., if you pass a motorcycle class, with hands-on, you don't have to take the dmv test- you can get it waived, if you pass a MSF safety class, or Harley's Rider's course, you still have to take the written test, but don't have to do the DMV riding test. (CA does not require M1 endorsement, even though classified as a MC.)
    If you have a course, in lieu of the DMV test- let her do that some weekend!

• If your slingshot wasn't so beautiful------ that comment would earn you a thumbs down from some of us..... :00007579: ........(j/k)...... ;) Here is CA., if you pass a motorcycle class, with hands-on, you don't have to take the dmv test- you can get it waived, if you pass a MSF safety class, or Harley's Rider's course, you still have to take the written test, but don't have to do the DMV riding test. (CA does not require M1 endorsement, even though classified as a MC.)
    If you have a course, in lieu of the DMV test- let her do that some weekend!

To get a MC endorsement in FL everyone must pass a weekend class approved by the state ... it includes class time, on bike instruction, and a riding test ....

Pass the class and you have your endorsement ....

In FL you need at least an "S" endorsement for the Slingshot which allows you to ride three wheeled motorcycles only (including sidecars) .... this specific class and test is conducted using Spyders ..... the Slingshot is too big for the test course ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• i just read two posts..and both conflict...??? all i know is that last year i reg. the SS as a MC..and just re-regestered it as a MC with my ALLSTATE ins. co///. if its changed they didnt tell me....