SPORTS-who's your team?

• NASCAR = Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks... :D8o:evil:

I know you were just taking one of your usual funny shots but did you know that some NASCAR drives have faired better than other sports figures in a slew of tests.
    A few of those guys like Jimmy Johnson, Carl Edwards are incredible athletes

Then you have guys like Toy Stewart and Jimmy Spencer that could just drive. But wrestling 3500 lbs of car for 500 miles at 120 plus degrees can't be for just anyone.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I know you were just taking one of your usual funny shots but did you know that some NASCAR drives have faired better than other sports figures in a slew of tests.A few of those guys like Jimmy Johnson, Carl Edwards are incredible athletes

Then you have guys like Toy Stewart and Jimmy Spencer that could just drive. But wrestling 3500 lbs of car for 500 miles at 120 plus degrees can't be for just anyone.

Yep, all in jest. Always looking for humor opportunities... :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• So this is what my family & countless other family members fought and died for????????
    49ers' Colin Kaepernick Throws Career Away to Push False Black Lives Matter Narrative

This kind of shit makes me want to PUKE!!!! I don't give a flying fuck for any one who thinks they can hide behind this drivel as an excuse to make a name for themselves or further some ludicrous propaganda that has been spoon fed to them. Anyone who thinks disrespecting what our country is supposed to stand for and the men & women who died to make it what it is can kiss my lily white ass!!!! If you don't like the fact that we say "In God We Trust", "Merry Christmas", or even "Indian Corn" for fucks sake.......get the fuck out of this country and be miserable somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!! This includes the worthless and criminally corrupt politicians....you can all get the fuck out of my country!!!!!!

This is my sports team:

Sports Team 03.jpgSports Team 05.jpgSports Team 06.jpgSports Team 07.jpg

I will always stand with my hat or hand over my heart for this country, what it stands for, and the men & women who fight, fought, and also paid the ultimate price for me to be who & what I am today. SALUTE!!!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• So this is what my family & countless other family members fought and died for??

Mmmm...to be fair, this kind of self-expression is exactly why we're in uniform. Do I agree with it? Hell no. Does it disgust and disappoint me? Sure. But that's what freedom is. It's messy, occasionally ugly, and sure to cause some personal disagreements. Without it, we might as well be North Korea. Don't like it? Feel free to stop supporting him and his team. But it's equally wrong to suggest he doesn't have a voice for personal expression.

My $.02 is that the polarization, instant extreme condemnation, and personal vitriol around events like this (that 10 years ago weren't instantly broadcast worldwide on social media) is EXACTLY why we are so divided today. I miss the old days of "I disagree with you, but I respect your difference of opinion."

ETA: Not directed at @roadog1aj or anyone else, by any means. Just giving a view from the other side of the coin.

• IMO political ideology has no place on the field, court, whatever in sports. Off the field you can rant all you want but people paid to watch a sporting event NOT a political protest!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Totally disagree here, he is representing a team, a sport and a league. If he wants to be a suck ass individual, do it off the field.

Yes, he is representing them, and they have the right to deal with it, just as they would if he had done anything else that was a little skewed, or illegal.

But he's also a citizen, and the only citizens that lose some of their rights when they put on the uniform are the military. Cops, ball players, ice cream salesmen...none of them are bound by law or ethics like we are in the military. So he's a suck ass individual. That's his right, just like it's ours to not buy his jersey or support his team.

But the point I'm getting at is although he pissed a bunch of people off and looked like a douchebag doing it, he didn't do anything illegal or immoral. And I can't hate him for wanting to exercise his freedom of expression, even if I disagree with it.

• I might add that, in my personal opinion, there's really no reason to get riled up about this on a personal level. The league or the team will do whatever they see fit, the fans will boo him or stop buying his shit, but nothing's really going to change. We Americans are either extremely forgiving, extremely short-sightes, or extremely forgetful, depending on your point of view. I just don't have the energy to burn on every douchebag who exhibits douchebaggery in the public eye.

That being said, 20 years in uniform has kinda conditioned me to support the adherence to the entire Constitution AND the Bill of Rights, even when I don't agree with the asshole running his suck. Like I said, that's the price of freedom to me, having to put up with misguided or ignorant fools. Otherwise, I'd just pull a Kim Jong-Un and go around shooting motherfuckers in the face. But that's not what we do in America. It would just be nice if we weren't so polarized all the goddamn time.