SPORTS-who's your team?

• We don't do sport in Britan.
    We do Football, but you call it (by a different name to the rest of the world) Socker.

But we also do F1 motor racing and in less than 4 years, you guys and girls will be as addcted as the rest of the world is, Now that it is run by a US company.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• We don't do sport in Britan.
    We do Football, but you call it (by a different name to the rest of the world) Socker.

But we also do F1 motor racing and in less than 4 years, you guys and girls will be as addcted as the rest of the world is, Now that it is run by a US company.

Paul I have been watching F1 racing for quite awhile now. I love getting up early Sunday mornings to watch. Lewis Hamilton is the man.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• @Rob the Slob I remember that when I was just a 13 or 14 year old kid (very many years ago now). My farther and I were riding our push bikes past the place where Tyroll constructed cars and we both noticed something through a hedge, in front of a workshop.

Back in 1975, this was like seeing (and hearing) something from outer space, with it's V8 engin and 6 wheels. The car went on to achive a few podium finishes for them, but had a lot of mechanical problems.

After a couple of seasons, the rules were changed to ban this design. Had this not have happens, who knows? We may all have now been driving 6 wheeled vheicals. Or perhaps even 5 wheel SlingShots today.

• @KayTwo I don't know if it was rules or tire manufacture issues. Goodyear was building the tires for F1 back then and to build such a small supply of 10" tires was really not too feasible. I think the 6 wheeler only won once in that year but had a couple other podium finishes. Rule changes came about and the 6 wheeler could not compete. Then later F1 said only 4 wheels.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• @KayTwo I don't know if it was rules or tire manufacture issues. Goodyear was building the tires for F1 back then and to build such a small supply of 10" tires was really not too feasible. I think the 6 wheeler only won once in that year but had a couple other podium finishes. Rule changes came about and the 6 wheeler could not compete. Then later F1 said only 4 wheels.

@Rob the Slob That't exactly as I understand it.
    The pictures don't show just how radical they looked, in the flesh.

• @funinthesun I couldn't seem to find the "gifts" thread. I figured this thread is just as relavant. I went to the mailbox looking for the Eagles jersey/onesie I had ordered for Sterling. Low and behold a package from you and NFL.com. I admit, after my band-aid purchase, I figured you were unloading your other Eagles band-aids on me. :D

As it turns out you sent Sterling two McNabb jerseys, which now him and I can match on Sundays in about a year. ;)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Phil. They are greatly appreciated and his first real jerseys. He will wear them with "I match daddy", as I'm not sure team pride will be a thing for him yet.

On team pride: Your request that he turns into a New England fan once he's old enough to choose his own team is a good possibility. Mama is an Eagles Fan(convert, it was the "greenest team in the NFL" that clinched it), but has a soft spot for Brady as she is a University of Michigan fan. Here's evidence your wish has a good chance. It's the wife's jersey and me being silly last year. :D;)

Thanks again Phil.

FLY EAGLES FLY ...

• So glad I found them!! I looked all over the place knowing I had them, but it was driving me crazy trying to figure out where they were. I was packing up the contents of my closet this week, and there they were. Only one person that would have a need for these, so I'm glad they're in a good home now. I'm sure there's been a few sleepless nights in the Wolf household since superbowl XXXIX

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• There have been a few @funinthesun. I still have my team signed ball from that year.

I still have faith they can revisit the Superbowl this season, though with Wentz out the rest of the team will have to step it up. At least they clinched their division, so they have time to get Foles on pace before the playoffs.